General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sharkskinz?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sharkskinz?

This next winter I'm starting to look at projects to keep me busy. I want to turn my F3 into a track bike and I'm starting make a list of all the things I need and where. As for Fairings, I only know of sharkskinz, does anybody else know of a different site so I can compare? Or any business that sells aftermarket goodies that I would inevitably need to upgrade for track use? Thanks!

Old 06-19-2009, 11:32 AM

Cheetah is another popular one. take a look on ebay and you'll probably see quite a few kits out there.

Depending on how much track time your going to see, or if your going to actually race, its going to be hard to suggest things to get. If your only going out to have fun, I'd just buy a set of farings and call it good. Im not sure if you need a race faring stay or not, but it might be something to look into.

A tire changer like the no mar tire changer, or an extra set of rims would be a good idea if your out there all the time. I would run race tires so you can get the most out of your bike. but again, it all depends on how often your out there and how serious you want to take it. A set of race tires will wear out extremely fast, so it can get expensive in a hurry.

If you dont have one already, invest in a small trailer to haul your bike and your gear. put a tool box on the front of the trailer along with a few other built in boxes to hold other items.

also, if I were you, I'd keep an eye on ebay for good deals on extra clip ons, rear sets, levers... basically anything that will break if you fall. You don't want your day cut short because you dont have an extra clip on or rear set.

If its only one track that you will be riding. After a few sessions, start making mental notes of where you think you could use more power or need more speed. This will come in handy if you need to change your gearing for that track. Just keep in mind, the areas of the track that were perfect for your gearing, will change as you bring up the other areas of the track. Try to get a good ballance over all of the track with your gearing.

Last edited by justasquid; 06-19-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:19 PM

Thanks!