General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ratio Theory *version 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ratio Theory

I'm stuck at work, not allowed to leave on the off chance that the boss wants something done!

If I had the option, I'd always be out on the beast!

-------------------------------------------------

I'm gonna edit this post instead of making a new one so it doesn't keep going to the top of the list.

I forget my terminology... maybe by "varying constant" i mean "varying factor" this factor would be related to all the things you said... but you've found my limit of interest in excel! I don't care about it enough to go any further with it... It hurts my brain.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI, I did ride yesterday....at a faster pace than usual I might add.

Regarding the constant change in tire size: It wouldn't be constant. Road temperature would affect the expansion constants. Centrepital forces can be calculated, but as the tire heats the rubber becomes more compliant, and thus stretches more.

Regarding the spelling: I understand that English is from England, but this server is AMERICAN DAMMIT!!

LOLOLOLOLOL

Old 06-30-2006, 06:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tri, Has your mind fragged yet ????!!!!!!!!!!! Outright mechanical connections... Is your bikeonepiece!!!!!!!!!! I have "twirly things", on/ in mine !!!!!!!!!! ... Now say, orange... see how many times it takes, to no longer be a word !!!!!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 06-30-2006, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Triangle

I forget my terminology... maybe by "varying constant" i mean "varying factor" this factor would be related to all the things you said... but you've found my limit of interest in excel! I don't care about it enough to go any further with it... It hurts my brain.
Sorry I killed your interest. But I think its funny though. I say go ahead and do it. All the other crap is just that....crap that doesn't matter, because in the final analysis, there still is going to be some variation in real vs calculated results. That's why in science we learned about a concept called significant digits - beyond a reaonable level of precision the $hit just doesn't matter.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:26 PM

Alright, we are done talkin about tyres and tires and centrifugal fuel ratios to the factor of 9 to the 3rd power divided by the weight and height of chain lube in a 10 gallon jug with 3 nails in the tire and a 180lb person on my back squared than multiplied by pie subtracted by the first 3 numbers I said and adding the baby thats holding on to the rear pegs because you forgot to use your safety belt when you crashed into the man carying the 3 shotguns with his mouth while setting his nuts on fire.

No one wants a thread about that in here

DThompson - "The Scientific Mathmetician" BOO YA

Old 06-30-2006, 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: DThompson

Alright, we are done talkin about tyres and tires and centrifugal fuel ratios to the factor of 9 to the 3rd power divided by the weight and height of chain lube in a 10 gallon jug with 3 nails in the tire and a 180lb person on my back squared than multiplied by pie subtracted by the first 3 numbers I said and adding the baby thats holding on to the rear pegs because you forgot to use your safety belt when you crashed into the man carying the 3 shotguns with his mouth while setting his nuts on fire.

The answer is Blue

Old 06-30-2006, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

ORIGINAL: DThompson

The answer is Blue
That is the same answer i came up with.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have it all wrong meng...
ratio theory says that one person is better than the other based on color of skin or ethnicity...
very flawed theory.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

O.K. the answer is blue -- but if you go deeper the sub-answer is:

The tach is off -- by as much as 250-400rpms depending on engine speed. A lot of peeps will see red on the tach and think their limiter isn't working -- it's just that the tach is off. Notice on any of the manuals that describe synching carbs/throttle bodies -- most of 'em will specify that you attach an external (read: accurate) tach.

And if you don't have a speedo healer then most likely your speedo is off too.

On my avatar you'll see my max speed -- theoretical speed for that gearing was 235mph but I was bouncing the limiter and only got 228mph. So clutch slip, tire slip played a factor.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

you have it all wrong meng...
ratio theory says that one person is better than the other based on color of skin or ethnicity...
very flawed theory.
Actually quite clever, sir.

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

O.K. the answer is blue -- but if you go deeper the sub-answer is:

The tach is off -- by as much as 250-400rpms depending on engine speed. A lot of peeps will see red on the tach and think their limiter isn't working -- it's just that the tach is off. Notice on any of the manuals that describe synching carbs/throttle bodies -- most of 'em will specify that you attach an external (read: accurate) tach.

And if you don't have a speedo healer then most likely your speedo is off too.

On my avatar you'll see my max speed -- theoretical speed for that gearing was 235mph but I was bouncing the limiter and only got 228mph. So clutch slip, tire slip played a factor.
Dude, if you're talking about motorcycles you're on the wrong thread. Post that crap somewhere else

Quick Reply: Ratio Theory *version 2