General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question bout Honda 954CBR 2002

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Question bout Honda 954CBR 2002

I have a Honda 954CBR 2002, and it won't start. Here is what it does: The fuel pump hums like alway when u put ignition on, but it doesn't cut off nor does it turn over when push the start button.
I think its a fuel sensor..but I am not sure. Not 2 mention I don't know how many sensors there are or where they r located.
I know a little something about car engines, however, I am not very savvy on bike engines. If you could help me ...I would appreciate it!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:23 PM

theres not too many sensors that will prevent the bike from cranking over. But, the kickstand saftey switch will prevent it if its gone bad. Alslo, the neutral saftey switch will do the same.

Does your neutral light come on?
is your kickstand up and or in neutral?
did you pull in your clutch?

Put the bike in neutral, flip the kickstand up, pull in the clutch and try to crank it over. Most honda's dont require the clutch to be pulled in, but some do. And, if the neutral saftey switch has gone bad, the clutch switch will over ride it as long as the kickstand is up.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:23 PM

I guess I should go back farther with the symptoms; Here is y I think it has something 2 do with the fuel sensor or pump. When it started she didn't want 2 crank. Then she did. When I went down the road after a couple of miles, she quit. I restarted her and she backfired. When I got home (she was acting funny ...hesitating and just not running right, pulled in driveway an she quit. She hasn't ran sence. Now when I try to start her the fuel pump ingages and doesn't stop ( u know that sound like hummin) but doesn't turn over. Because of the backfiring and hesitation I can't but help but feel it's something wit the fuel. What do u think???

Last edited by Nikkitrue; 04-24-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:01 PM

Its hard to say what it is. It could still be one your sensors messing up. If the kickstand sensor is faulty, it can continuously cut the engine, it will stutter, backfire and all sorts of woes.

As far as why your fuel pump doesnt shut stop, I really dont know. ive never heard of that one.

the only thing that would make sense is the Fuel Pressure Regulator is not sending the signal that it has reached the fuel pressure, or the fuel pump isnt pumping enough pressure.

My first step would be to bypass the kickstand switch. that way you can rule that one out.

has the bike been in an accident or anything?

Old 04-26-2009, 11:07 PM

Yea Laid her down on the right side. Hit glass in the road. She ran right afterward cuz a friend road her home for me, due 2 my injuries.