General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro-Moly Leak Proof Fork Seals

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro-Moly Leak Proof Fork Seals

If you are in the market for some fork seals do NOT... I MEAN DO NOT buy the pro-moly leak proof seals (which have a lifetime warrenty) [sm=smiley21.gif]. Now where do I start on how much I hate these cheap pieces of crap. I am a certified mechanic and have installed dozens of fork seals on dirt bikes and streetbikes. The last 3 bikes I did I used these amazing leak proof seals. The cr 125 and crf 450 leaked within 3 weeks (I can do about 1 year on stock seals). Then I put some on my cbr600 and they have seeped oil since they have been installed. Only 1 seal was leaking before I changed them, now both leak... not blown out but seep oil to much. And yes bushings and everything was in great shape and I taped the ridge so it didn't damage the seals installing them. These crappy seals have no spring on the inside like the stock ons do.... which is a horrible design for a seal. Anyone else try these pieces? and if you havn't don't even think about it.

Old 02-04-2006, 05:57 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Pro-Moly Leak Proof Fork Seals

I rebuilt my 1kRR forks using stock stuff and have had no trouble from the seals. My only complaint was that the suspension oil is $30 a quart.

Old 02-04-2006, 10:33 AM

I`ve only ever used stock before but how could they have a lifetime guarantee? you re-use em when you change the oil?

Hey Chain At what type of mileage do you recomend changin the oil on the 1KRR? (Fork Oil)

Old 02-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

I did mine at about 7K miles but that was because I ripped pieces off of the lower legs[:@] But you wouldn't believe how much smoother the front end is since the new fluid and seals so definitely worth the effort.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:25 PM

Yea they say if they leak to send the seal in and they will inspect them... and if they are found defective they will send new ones for free. The only problem is I don't want another set of these pieces.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

ORIGINAL: transamlt1man

Yea they say if they leak to send the seal in and they will inspect them... and if they are found defective they will send new ones for free. The only problem is I don't want another set of these pieces.
No kidding -- tell 'em to stop threatening you with more crappy seals And what are ya sposed to do while they're "inspecting"?

Thanks for the heads up with these yo-yos[sm=smiley10.gif]

Old 02-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stock or reputable mang...i'd change every 10-12K.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:01 AM

Yea by the time you send them in and get them back it will probably be a month. I ordered some stock ones this time.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:50 PM

Hi Chainstretcher!

What type of oil fork do you use ? Density ?

Cheers

Old 02-09-2006, 12:01 PM

I heard that the leak free seals will seep while sitting, but when you ride they "swell up" and do not leak. I have only heard crap about these leak free seals. I did seals and bushingson my yz250f a year and a half ago w/ stock seals and they do not leak. I now have to do seals on my 600......I just need to learn how to bring my wheelies down smooth....

Quick Reply: Pro-Moly Leak Proof Fork Seals