General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander

Holy crap, I just installed a PCIII usb on my 03 CBR 954 and what a difference! I am amazed how much it improved the bike overall, this product kicks ***. I love to ride my 954 before the PCIII but now that I installed one it is just amazing how big it improved the overall response, its like riding a new bike, it smoothed the acceleration out and gave a nice bit of extra punch.
If anyone is THINKING about getting one of these but not sure if its worth it, trust me its worth it. I wish I bought one earlier, one thing for sure if I get another bike I will be getting a PC also.
Did anyone else notice a big difference when they installed a PC?

Old 04-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Default RE: Power Commander

Just installed one on my 2004 f4i
it does make a difference. I notice it at the low end a lot. My front wheel comes up a lot easier than it used to.
I have some tweeking to do because i have a flat spot at about 5k rpm. But i like it

Old 04-20-2006, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the post. I've been tossing around the idea of getting one for my 02 954, good to know.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:06 PM

I've had mine installed for a few weeks now and love it. Throttle response is great, and also very smooth. I'll be installing power commanders on every bike i own now.

Old 05-22-2006, 04:15 PM

Do you have a full pipe or just a slip on?? I have a 05 1000rr with just a slip on and everyone tells me it does no good unless you have a full system.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:52 PM

amadres i have the same question and heard the same thing but if you can and it is good for a slip on i'm there

Old 05-22-2006, 08:35 PM

Me too, that is the only reason I haven't installed one.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:40 PM

I am confused on a few aspects of the PC's,

1) do you hook it in and once you run it you remove it or does it have to stay connected to the bike.
(someone complained of the PC taking up too much space ontop of the battery to fit the alarm in there)

2) Does the bike have to be dyno tuned? Like do you not have to but is it a good idea?

3) If it doesn't require a dyno then how do you install/run it on the bike?

Old 05-22-2006, 09:56 PM

from what i have seen you install the p/c in line to the main computer module and you can connect it to your laptop and install pre set tunes you just go to the site and tell it what you have. like full pipe and air filter, gearing and so on but it stays installed on the bike , its a simple install. you may opt to go to a local dyno shop and have a special tune put on your bike and that would be the best option but it runs about 300.00. so try the pre set tunes first while wating on the cash flow. As for the other questions i have a 929 with an air filter and slip on and it made a differance with my bike. you just need to remove the emission valves in the mid pipe. Honda made the header pipe so well it does not need to be replaced it flows the same as the erion.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:03 AM

what kind of difference? I would still like to hear from more people if its worth investing in the PC with only a slip on versus a full exhaust.

Quick Reply: Power Commander