General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLS HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLS HELP!!!

I have a 88 honda CBR 600 F. I want to ride it so bad. Heres the prb.. I needed to clean the carbs and replace the needle and valve. So I did that. The proble i was having was the bike started up just fine and ran if the choke was up. However, if I took the choke off it woud die. Also if i turn the throttle at all it bogs down and dies almost instantly. I know the carbs are clean, I replaced the spark plugs as well as the fuel filter. I did notice the fuel pump kinda jolts about every 3 seconds...is that normal.? ok, if anyone knows how i can get my bike to get gas to it or whatever i need to do PLS LET ME KNOW!!! im desperate..thanks

Old 07-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: PLS HELP!!!

Since you've got it apart, now is the time to check that you have the correct jets for your setup. Have you ridden this bike before? What changed? Check your velocity stacks and air filter. Get some carb cleaner and run the engine. Spray in a few places and start looking for air/ vacuum leaks.