General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP! I have a 2006 Honda cbr600rr

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP! I have a 2006 Honda cbr600rr

My 06 cbr600rr makes a awful noise in the clutch the bike pulls hard the clutch doesn't slip at all but I can't figure out what the noise is its almost like a grinding slash rattling noise but if I pull the clutch in it stop and if I let it out slow or Rev the gear out some it goes away and yes it does it in every gear and yes the bike shifts fine as well can anyone help?

Old 04-25-2017, 03:01 PM
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I wouldn't run this for a second more.
If the noise is certainly coming from behind your casing, that covers got to come off for inspection asap.
It could be anything really, clutch pressure plate etc. Have a good look around and remove the clutch plates and inspect them for individual damage, look for damage elsewhere like a tang missing off the basket or debris anywhere.
It could be a broken plate and part of it has got into where you don't want it. This could cause serious damage if it hasn't already. You could get lucky and if you tackle this issue it could be a simple cheap fix but, if you keep running her it's probably going to get nasty in there.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I really appreciate it...it can't say for certain the noise is coming straight from behind the cover because I can only hear it when riding down the road I just know I can hear a noise over the whole bike and it goes away if I get the gear revd out or pull the clutch handle in but I guess all I can do is pull it apart and go from there but I appreciate the help...

Old 04-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Is there any play inwards and outwards with the shift rod? Just push or pull it from side to side. There shouldn't be any play in it. But there was a ton on my 600rr. It created all kinds of issues if it came out of alignment including the sounds you're describing