General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Piece of crap bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013 | 11:50 AM
|
Default Piece of crap bike

I almost died on the highway last night, both hi/low beams cut out, an then my bike starts to bog out, the bike is rideable but if I go near 5k rpms the needle will drop and go crazy and then ill get a crazy loud pop out of the exhaust, I can't start without pop start , 0 charge in the battery and it was fine all day yesterday. I'm going crazy with this bike I want to throw it off the bridge. She no longer has my love

Old 06-01-2013 | 01:04 PM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

Sounds like the reg/rect went out and the battery drained. That is where I would start...

Old 06-01-2013 | 01:09 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

replace the alternator with the r/r too.

Old 06-01-2013 | 09:16 PM
|

That's what I've Ben thinking all day, just got back to my bike and tossed on cables and it would rev fine seems like I was puttin to much power to the lights and they blew, idk about the engine misfiring and bogging though

Old 06-01-2013 | 10:42 PM
Default check the battery

Not knowing just what is wrong with your bike, i suggest one thing. Have your battery tested, for load and for short. Shorted batteries cause a lot of alternator failures. Bike batteries are notorious for faulting due to nature of abuse they are subjected to.

Old 06-02-2013 | 11:32 AM
|

Well I bought a new battery a month ago and it seemed to be doing great until the other day

Old 06-03-2013 | 10:34 PM
|

do i just need a new wiring harness or do i need to check the actual wires for burnt ends?

Old 06-05-2013 | 03:29 PM

Dude, not hard. stop freaking. your battery went dead, which plays hell on your ignition system, causing it to not run properly. Check the R/R, the stator windings, and have the battery tested. you should be able to read these all out very easily, and if you tell us what bike and year it is, i can even tell you what to read, where it is, and what it should be.

Old 06-06-2013 | 10:53 AM
|

first off my battery was fine. my bike started fine the other day. the dead battery is a result of a electrical gremlin in my bike. i replaced the r/r and went for a test ride, the massive misfire went away. the blinkers wont blink unless i have the clutch and throttle disengaged. the speedo no longer gives me my speed. it goes up with the rpm. the bike still boggs a little if i give more that half throttle. i have a crappy analog multimeter that i barly know how to read. i dont know a lot about bikes and i know even less about electrical, but i know how to follow directions pretty well. i have a 1998 cbr 600 f3

Old 06-06-2013 | 11:01 AM

Take it to a bridge and Let it Gooooooo!!!! Lol...

Quick Reply: Piece of crap bike