General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC3 Serial Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 07:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PC3 Serial Tuning

I got a PC3r(fuel + ignition) off ebay and frankly didn't pay attention I was getting the serial version and that dynojet doesn't support it anymore. Anyways long story short have been told by one of the tuning places that noone does serial anymore. Is my only option using generic maps off someone else or is there a way the bike can be custom tuned on a dyno? The guys at the dyno told me that the pc3 serial version requires a map already open in the tuning software for them to actually read the values and that they couldn't get hold of a map off the dynojet site for the serial version-all were for usb version of pc3 and 5.
I have a coffman exhaust recently fitted and with the baffle in it has robbed me off my midrange completely. I don't know how this exhaust has so many good reviews from so many f4i guys. I didn't have great expectations as it is at the end of the day a very limited design. But the dip in the power at certain rpms is very very noticeable like someone turns the engine off really.
The dyno printout says 86 hp peak with several valleys throughout the rpm ranage
If someone has a map for the serial version and a coffman exhaust or a smilar 'shorty' that'd be very helpful

Old 03-22-2018, 05:13 AM

Have you spoken with Dynojet? Worth a shot...

Old 03-24-2018, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EchoWars
Have you spoken with Dynojet? Worth a shot...
Do this, they will send you a map. If the tuner said he cant tune it because its serial then...well...hes full of Sh**. If he doesnt have the software for it, hes just too lazy to download it.

Also remember that throwing a tune into it wont magically bring back your midrange, aftermarket exhausts are typically made to increase peak HP, at the sacrifice of some mid-range torque.

Ive got a full yoshi exhaust on my f4i, top-end is phenomenal...mid-range is pretty damn sluggish, but as a track bike...im quite ok with that.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:40 PM

Thanks for the reply guys. I got in touch with Dynojet via webchat(hate calling customer care!) and a very helpful guy pointed to the link where the pc3r serial maps are. All the serial maps (.map files) available on powercommander.com.
Actually they are kind of 'hidden' inside the PC3 USB map link.
To get the .map(serial) files one should click on the all maps link which would download both .djm(usb version) as well as .map files. I uploaded the zero map using the serial pc3 software which can also be downloaded from dynojet website.
Uploading the zero map was quick as well, doesn't need a 9V power supply with the ignition on.

PC3r software version - 2.7.8.22
maps location- http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...dlyrid=108-411

Select all maps and then download the executable. The maps will be extracted in your C drive in a pwrcmdr folder.
Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by ceebeeaarguy; 04-23-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:01 AM

HEY THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH BUDDY..THANKS A TON FOR THE HELP!!! i have an 2002 model honda cbr 954rr picked it up recently it was owned by the former head of akrapovic...it came with a full system akrapovic exhaust and a power commander iii serial port version..i didnt know how to upload the maps but ur post saved me a ton of trouble as i was thinking of upgrading the unit from pciii to pcv ...thanks a lot once again bro..ride safe..

Old 12-06-2018, 09:03 PM
Default PC3 tune

You know with the 3 you can make your own map (trial and error) but better luck with a map close to your specs or a zero map,then do a test run and check your plug burn and see if you need more or less fuel. Also if it bogs hesitates or has power loss and where at the rpm's. Its a lot of work but take notes and fine tune it too its best and your liking. I went with the pc3 for that reason because i here the 5 has emissions standards built into the tunes provided. Limiting the best for your app.
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:23 PM

@John.954 Glad it was of help mate!
@Pontalay- that sounds almost undoable to me. Getting the plugs out so frequently is got to be a chore, plus on our old bikes, I fear stripping a thread or something everytime I start a job. Think a relatively easier way would be to study the stock map or just get your bike dynoed (plain dyno is £30 here in the UK)and study that map. That should be the base. Then you bump up or down the fueling at the relevant rpm as per the graph and go for a ride and then tweak based on the feel.

Last edited by ceebeeaarguy; 12-07-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:24 PM

Its some work but as that i have been working on cars and bike for some 35 years. I enjoy a good teardown and i am also a clean freak so i like to get the road grime out. My area has lots of trees and spiders also. Nothing like cruising and have one pop out on you at 40+... lol
Get an 02 sensor plugged into exaust and add an air fuel gauge.??
cant have a nice machine and ve lazy you know. Job gets easier the more time you do it and only need to do it till its a good burn.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:41 PM

Hi

Does anyone have CBR 929 Powercommander 3r maps? (serial R version)
i think hidden files is hidden more and i have any map what to edit.

BG - Tommi

Originally Posted by ceebeeaarguy
Thanks for the reply guys. I got in touch with Dynojet via webchat(hate calling customer care!) and a very helpful guy pointed to the link where the pc3r serial maps are. All the serial maps (.map files) available on powercommander.com.
Actually they are kind of 'hidden' inside the PC3 USB map link.
To get the .map(serial) files one should click on the all maps link which would download both .djm(usb version) as well as .map files. I uploaded the zero map using the serial pc3 software which can also be downloaded from dynojet website.
Uploading the zero map was quick as well, doesn't need a 9V power supply with the ignition on.

PC3r software version - 2.7.8.22
maps location- http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...dlyrid=108-411

Select all maps and then download the executable. The maps will be extracted in your C drive in a pwrcmdr folder.
Hope this helps someone.