General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parts suppliers/aftermarket websites

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts suppliers/aftermarket websites

I am looking to buy some new parts for my bike, however, OEM honda **** is stupidly expensive.

so my question is, outside of ebay or amazon. are there any reputable online distrubtors/retailers for a 95 600f3?

Old 02-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honda East Toledo is a place I sometimes use for OEM stuff. They have pretty good prices compared to the MSRP list price.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Service Honda is decent as well.

It honestly depends what I am going for as well, somethings I would only go OEM, probablky because there is no other option or the longevity of the item is going to be far superior when buying OEM. I would rather by one 60 dollar stator cover OEM than maybe 3 for 25 where the first one was cracked, second one didnt fit etc.

Honestly cant really give you an answer but thought I would chime in.

What kind of parts are you talking about here? Perhaps there is an option.

Hell man, I think I would even take used OEM over some aftermarket depending on what it is..

Depending on application of said part too. Billet levers? Sure. Fuel pump? not so much on my F4i but I would maybe on a carbed bike where I could externally mount it or something. Again its really dependant on the part.

Youd be surprised at the real lack of aftermarket parts for our bikes. Sure there is your levers, fairings, relays, accessories and what not, but its not a big secret about where the super great aftermarket sites are for the main components, its because there isnt a ton. Common parts absolutely, anything specific, not at all.

Last edited by PossibleOne; 02-20-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well as it sits now,

I have misplaced ALL fasteners for my fairings, front turn signals, the plastic vanity cover for the inside of the windscreen/mirror mounts

Old 02-21-2014, 04:03 AM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A fairing bolt kit will take care of that for you. I bought an aftermarket kit that was all black stainless bolts to replace the OEM's. I wanted black bolts. Something like bolts you cannot really go wrong. But if you do have the choice then you want to get something other than low carbon steel. I wouldnt try to peice together random bolts to make it work. OEM bolts are going to be expensive if you were to order. Whatever you get make sure they are stainless steel...Make sure you get the complete kit though, I believe it is 105 bolts. There are partial kits out there that will not be enough so be aware. My kit was 40 dollars.

Regarding the original point, it really does depend on what the part is, what purpose it serves in relation to the bike and the amount of wear or force that will be used on the bike. Something like bolts are no big deal, but as an example, you will want stainless bolts vs. some cheap steel because the cheap stuff will rust out on you.

-Poss