General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

okay

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default okay

with the tank off, the bike has been sitting about a month.
Logically, if i spray starting fluid into the carbs for a couple seconds and then turn her over she should at least kick right? Or do i have to replace the tank so the gravity system will feed it.
Alls i keep getting is turnovers.

I figured i would at least see if she would kick before i started putting everything back together. Fully chrged battery. Cleaned but old plugs.
Just turnovers. No start.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:22 PM

Thats what i'm down to, lol an issue. I know the starting fluid is not going to be good its just what i have to resort to in order to get her to fire.

When i did have the bike all assembled as normal I would just get turn overs and some backfires occasionally. Now, with the starting fluid I still have nothing. That just doesn't make sense to me.
I should at least get a kick.

I guess the question is : Do i have to put the tank back on and turn it over a couple times to feed the system before trying to get it to fire with fluid after its been sitting for a month.

Last edited by Endless; 05-23-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:25 PM

if it wont do anything off starting fluid you got problems. that will bring damn near anything back to life for a few seconds

Old 05-23-2009, 05:34 PM

thats what my impression was. I figured if anything, that would do it.

What should i head towards if that is the issue?

Old 05-23-2009, 05:36 PM

Since your at a point with everything off, I would make sure your getting spark. Plugs when fouled, will allow the bike to sputter and backfire, like yours was doing before, but then nothing at all once they fail completely. I would guess your plugs have just finally crapped out.

and will is right, starting fluid should fire much easier than gas. When you spray the starting fluid, I would suggest opening the throttle all the way, give a few quick squirts and then close the throttle. If it doesnt fire, your not getting spark.

make sure your killswitch is in the proper position. I know, you probably already made sure, but overlooks can happen.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:48 PM

Okay, I'm gonna ebay for some NGK's.