General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK.. How to repack a Micron and would I be able to swap in another can?

Old 03-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default OK.. How to repack a Micron and would I be able to swap in another can?

In my quest to love my exhaust (ha ha), I pulled the end cap off of my Micron.. three allen headed bolts and it was off.. inside I saw a metal piece surrounded by packing material.. I gave it some light tugs and it didn't move.. I didnt want to break anything so I put the end cap back on.. I did remove the springs off and loosen the clamp on the front inlet and rotated the can a bit... it does sound better.. but even still.. how does a Micron come apart?

Also.. if I so chose to keep the rest of my full system and even the mid pipe.. I should simply be able to swap in another 'can' right? My Micron is like 16in can end to end (add another 1-2inches or so for the inlet and outlet caps).. the inlet diameter seems to be around 2inches..

If I found something like a Yoshi RS-3, that would theoretically just slip right on, right?

I had a buddy ride my bike and it sounded great.. not too loud.. but when YOU are riding.. it is a bit buzzy..

Thanks for any info...
Adam

Old 03-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

cmon.. someone has had to take one of these apart.... please!

I'm thinking there might be a nut or a bolt in there retaning the inner core to the can or the other end cap. I looked at the other end cap and there isnt any rivets or allen screws or anything.. which leads me to believe that whatever is retaining it is inside the can...

Old 03-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had one of those slip ons apart. But, Some have a flanged end on the baffle. So, it can only go in one way into the shell. I'm guessing that your muffler has the flanged end of the baffle on the front side of the can, so it can't be pulled out the back, it will have to come out the front.

Just a guess though. I think some have a loose baffle that just slips into each sides end caps.