General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil everywhere PLEASE help

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil everywhere PLEASE help

Ok so last week I had to drop my engine to fix the thread on a spark plug i blew out, I got the engine back in and everything has been running perfectly fine, better then usual. Yesterday I was driving to my friends house, he just got a new car so we were kinda messing around on the freeway, I was riding my bike kinda rough, not sure if that is the cause. Anyways when we got to his place I realized my right shoe was soaked with oil and there was oil all over my bike I checked the oil level it was fine everything seemed to look fine, I parked it in his garage and 5 hours later there was a little puddle, looked like it was the oil that was trapped in my lower fairing just made its way to the ground. I drove it to work then back home with no problems what so ever, leaking was over, when I got it home I took off the fairing and the Heat guard was covered in oil along with everything else on my bike. Anyone ever have this problem or know where I should start looking for a oil leak, seemed kind of weird that oil was everywhere left and right side of my bike and was able to make it all the way up to my heat guard, I was able to squeeze quite a bit of oil out of my heat guard. Also when it leaked that was first time taking the bike over 120mph since putting the engine back in, not sure if high speeds might be the culprit. Hope someone has a suggestion. Almost forgot, 2005 CBR600RR, 37000 Miles if that means anything.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:59 PM

might jus have a leaking gasket, take all ur fairings off, spray contact cleaner wherevr theres oil on the motor so its all clean and let it run till u see oil dripping, simplest way to diagnose it g.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:09 PM

Have you looked at the oil pressure relief valve. If it's stuck, high pressure may be forcing oil out past the oil filter gasket. Just a thought.
Good Luck!
mikey

Old 07-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the local auto parts store and get yourself some leak detection fluid for oil. Put it in your oil, run the bike and shine a black light on it. The dye will glow and show you where its coming from.