General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise from my front break.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Vi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise from my front break.

Hi all riders,

I hope i will find someone here who has, have had or had the same problem as i have now and will help me.

I bought 2 months ago a new 600 RR - 2006. Now i have 4700 km on it. In the past of 500 km i started hearing a sound. I am a normal driver, highway + town. No track, and wheeles.Now i will try to explain with mycrap english what exactly is bothering me.

Ifyou push your bike (no engine on) you here the front breaks somehow making such noise becausethefront breaksare touching the break wheel - normal friction.Do you know what I mean??

BUT ...

If I go for a ride, anytime I slow down to10 or 20 km/h and leave the trottle (to keep the engine quite or the best is to put NEUTRAL) I hear this noise a lot!!!! It seems to me that the friction of the front breaksand the break wheelis not normal. You can hear it only if you pay attantion to it. It is not scary and my breaks are working perfect. I am just worried becausethe noise is not comfortible at all. If I am approaching traffic light and must slow down i do concetrate on it and i dont like that.Thenoise is unevenlike shush ........ shush........... shush ............. shush............. shush ............ friction between the breaks and the break wheel but only in one are and that is why it is uneven noise.

If I press slowly the front break while going 20 km/h the noise stops and you feel the breaks pressing the break wheel.

I had CBR 600 F (model 2006) before and sold it after 10000 km. I did not have this issue with it. That is why I am a bit worried now.

Do you guys understand what I mean?? Should I be worried or is this normal??

Thank you for your advice.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noise from my front break.

Is it just a noise, or do you FEEL some feedback coming through the lever or handle bar?

Old 06-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alight coatof lithium grease on the rotors would take care of that noise for ya.

(kidding)

Sounds normal to me. But check your pads for any debris that may have become embedded in them. And it may not be a bad idea to spray them down with brake cleaner and lube the seals (hi temp lithium is OK to use here...seriously).

Old 06-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was having an issue with the front brakes of my F3. I could hear a knocking sound when I was coasting in nuetral or even driving along. I inspected the front end and the calipers for anything that could be making the sound and I was never able to find it. I had to replace the pads due to normal wear tear and when I took the bike out for the test ride... the knocking sound was gone. My point being is that it could be the brake pads. I have no clue why they were making all that noise (and it was bothersome too), but they were. I inspected them so many times and they were just fine but for some reason when they were installed, they made a ton of noise. Hopefully this gives ya something to work with.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's my understanding thatOEM Honda pads are noisier than aftermarket brands. I'm looking for a new pad myself. I've got Honda pads. They stop like hell, just expensive.