General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No start

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start

New member here. Glad to have found this place. I bought this 00 929 over a week ago and it ran great. Well day before yesterday I changed oil and air filter in this, and went out yesterday to start it up to show my brother who came in from out of town, and it was running badly (wouldnt rev up past 5000 very well). Shut it off, and went back out an hour later and it was running like normal. Then went back out again, and now its a no start. I went out this morning after letting the battery charge all night and same thing, just cranks over. Battery voltage is 12.6v, and goes to around 9-10v while cranking. Doesnt even act now like its firing, and as much as I cranked on it, I would assume I should smell gas, but I dont, not even with my nose to the muffler. I can hear the fuel pump priming, and I checked all the fuses and for pinched fuel lines. I also downloaded the service manual, but cant really understand what I should be doing next to diagnose this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Default RE: No start

ok, we can rule out the Lean angle sensor. Tried to pull the airbox off to check plugs, but EVERY screw started to strip. I have about 100 screwdrivers, got the best match for tightness, and stripped out the first one, grabed another driver....yet again, stripped another one. Will have to go through the side to get to the plugs. On a side note, I poured a little gas down the velocity stacks on each cyl, and still a no start. So I either flooded it more, or its not getting spark. Still dont smell gas though, so I doubt its flooded. Can hear the FP prime everytime though.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:46 AM

I bet its your battery.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:34 PM

ok, havent checked plugs or spark yet, but I did add a booster pac on it after the battery was charged, and I heard it start to fire one time. Tried to clear a flood on it with no result. For the hell of it, Ill be getting a new battery as soon as some place around here opens, which will be tomorrow and after I get off work Ill go get it.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:07 PM

Take your batt. with you and have them check it before you buy a new one- they should be able to do it for free and can put a load test on it- then you will know for sure without doing it just for the hell of it.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:40 PM

try to bump start it.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: demonchild

try to bump start it.
as in push start it?

Old 12-26-2007, 10:14 AM

Put your bike in second gear. Pull in the clutch and push down on the starter butten. Start pushing the bike and when you get up to speed let out the clutch and it should start right up.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:23 PM

I never use the starter button on a push start but i guess for our high compression engines that makes sense.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:34 PM

quick update. DAMN taking the plugs out are a real @!#^&! Anyways, 2 looked pretty wet, and the other two didnt look too bad but it was hard to tell. New plugs will be going in tomorrow as I have run out of time tonight. Bought a new battery today anyways because someone that had this before me put a battery in it that was too small. Slow charging it now.

Quick Reply: No start