General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ngk vs autolight

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ngk vs autolight

Just wondering, i was at pats store today to get plugs and the guy at counter told me ngk is $5.50 a piece and autolights are 2.00 a piece. does any one have any experiance with the 2.00 autolights...if so how do they stand up to ngk...thank you.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:11 PM

the autolights are not what u want they not threaded right so go with the ngk and 5.50 is cheap if u go to a bike shop the 10 bucks and up

Old 01-08-2011, 04:24 PM

yea i went with the ngk the guy in the parts store just tried telling me they are the same thing...just wanted to see what people thought about the others...thank you

Old 01-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Go with the suggested NGK plug. Make sure your getting the right plug though. 5.50 sounds a little cheap to me. If your bike calls for the iridium plug, don't get anything less or the bike won't run correctly. The ignition system on bikes are pretty weak, and if the wrong plug is used, you get the most out of your system.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by asides
the autolights are not what u want they not threaded right so go with the ngk and 5.50 is cheap if u go to a bike shop the 10 bucks and up
Unless your bike calls for Iridium plugs then the Autolites will work just fine. There is no difference with the threads. The heat range may vary from one manufacture to another even though they are listed as being the same plug. This is the only real difference between spark plugs and explains why some brand plugs run better in some bikes. I ran Autolites for years in my motorcycles.

Never buy spark plugs for your bike from any motorcycle store or shop. You can have most local auto parts stores special order the exact same plug for nearly half the price and usually have it the next day.

When I changed the NGK Laser Iridiums in my 954 I found them for under $10 per plug at Advance Auto. The cheapest I found them from a motorcycle related store was $17.