General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newb rider with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default newb rider with a few questions

Weather is been getting nicer so I decided to go out for a ride. This is probably my 6-7th ride on this bike.

So notice when going at 30 mph the wind comin off my windscreen flows right up under my helmet and it is quite annoying. Will I double bubble correct this or should I just go with a much taller touring screen.

And secondly...Everytime i take off my gloves I somehow receive a cut on the inside of my index finger on both hands. There is nothing sharp on my glove. I don't even feel anything even during the act of getting the cut. i just take off my glove and notice theres is blood on my hands...Does this happen to anyone else? I got one yesteraday..didn't really think anything of it..and then I got another one today. inside of the glove is smooth...weird
Name:  glovecut.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  25.9 KB

Old 03-24-2009, 04:12 PM

There are a few different types of screens to get, the Double bubble is one option, taller screen & there are those where the lip is curved more to direct air up higher.
As for the glove????

Old 03-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as said, the double bubble windscreen will definately help your situation. Unless your 7 feet tall.

as for the gloves, thats very weird. Care to share what brand of gloves they are so we can all avoid them

Old 03-24-2009, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid
as said, the double bubble windscreen will definately help your situation. Unless your 7 feet tall.

as for the gloves, thats very weird. Care to share what brand of gloves they are so we can all avoid them
alpinestars SPS gloves....I'm gonna get rid of these and get something else..don't want people to think I cut myself and ****. the one on my right hand is even worse than the one pictured...wouldn't stop bleeding for a good 10 minutes

Old 03-24-2009, 05:51 PM

just did a closer inspection of the gloves and found sharp plastic on the Velcro enclosure. No wonder I didn't feel it cause its mad sharp and slices like a paper cut but thicker since its plastic
Name:  glovecut3.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  31.6 KB
Name:  glovecut2.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  34.8 KB
Name:  sdsgloces.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  45.8 KB

Old 03-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that sucks, Id be giving Alpinestars a call and getting your money back at the very least.

Its a little odd too. Ive had great luck with Alpinestars gear. Of course my gloves are joe rocket.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid
Man that sucks, Id be giving Alpinestars a call and getting your money back at the very least.

Its a little odd too. Ive had great luck with Alpinestars gear. Of course my gloves are joe rocket.
yea it is odd. I love alpinestar stuff. I have a lot of their gear. I sent them an email with pics and stuff so hopefully they'll fix this for me cause these gloves were not cheap.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
If you don't have one of those chinstrap type air blocker things on your helmet you could get one and see it it helps. Made a difference on my last lid and my new one came with it stock, seems to be helping with it too.
yea, my girlfriend bought me a modular helmet and didn't know it..so its terrible with wind noise. Where can I get this chinstrap air blocker?? Are you talking about piece of rubber that attaches to the underside of the helmet?

and wat stinks too is that my girlfriend bought it for me so I'm forced to wear it.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

Hey Chetman, just take a lighter to it. It's vinyl/nylon so it'll just melt and get rid of the sharp corner. I don't mean set the thing on fire, just apply enough heat to melt it a little. Those are nice looking gloves.

BTW, I noticed you have Stompgrips on your bike; how are you liking them? Any issues?

Last edited by Incognito; 03-25-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Quick Reply: newb rider with a few questions