General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New riding gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New riding gear

I was looking at some different jackets. I tried on the Icon Motorhead and loved it. What do you all think about this jacket? Plus do you know of a good place to get one. THey are kinda pricey. Next what do you all think about the alpine stars S-MX air carbon gloves. They seamed nice but i dont know all that much. And last i know its a lower level helmet, but i am kinda running low on cash. What do you all think about an HJC either CL-SP or CL-15 helmet. Thanks for all the input.

J

Old 02-07-2006, 08:12 PM
L8X
Default RE: New riding gear

dont skimp on gear. how much do you value your head?

Old 02-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

running low on cash? check out OGK...200 bucks plus shipping...don't skimp.
if you plan on track riding or canyons, icon motorhead jacket won't cut it.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:26 PM

I dont plan on any track riding but probably some canyons. And why wont that jacket cut it? What will? And arnt all helmets just as safe isnt the price just on stuff like weight and a little bit of comfort. Thanks Oh and how does the OGK helmet compare to like HJC and shoei. I couldnt find a store that has one to try on.

J

Old 02-07-2006, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: lang1864

I dont plan on any track riding but probably some canyons. And why wont that jacket cut it? What will? And arnt all helmets just as safe isnt the price just on stuff like weight and a little bit of comfort. Thanks Oh and how does the OGK helmet compare to like HJC and shoei. I couldnt find a store that has one to try on.

J
Check out the deals HERE, I got my Icon Skull for 194 and free shipping on all orders over $50. You don't have to spend $600 to get a good helmet. If you want the safest helmet find a Z1R dealer and drop about $90 if you want the safest. But the confort and quality isn't going to be the best, but you know you will be wearing the safest helmet. I also have the Ivon timax jacket and I really like it. I'm going to get a leather jacket before next season, but I couldn't find one that I liked and I got the timax for $178 shipped, it retails at $215, so I think I got a pretty good deal. Also check HERE they have some good deals too. Thats where I got my jacket. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting.

-Jesse-

Old 02-07-2006, 11:42 PM

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQs...tQ5fxQ2daction
i got my new jacket from this guy. It's the same stuff as motophoria, just old brand name and alot cheaper.

Don't skimp on gear, but most all helmets that are dot approved are good and snell is a sign of quality.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:55 AM

The Icon motorhead jacket -> I heard it was a pretty good jacket, nice & thick. But for that price I went w/ the Alpinestars Ice jacket and never regret it. If you are low on cash but still need protection go with the Scorpion EXO-700 helmet. It was my first helmet.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure you check out the stictchings on the jacket...double? blind? etc...
make sure the jacket really fits you...like real snug at first and then you stretch it out to fit...or else...it will be like a beltsander on your skin if you eat it.
like i said before...icon claims their stuff is 'for the street from light to light' or something like that...not sure exactly how much protection you get from light to light.

if you're going to hit the canyons, you shouldn't go with jeans...should be going with leather pants. alpinestars, JR, etc. all have pants that connects to the jackets...so it's also track worthy...the 'other' guys do not...

yes, i know...the 'other' guys stuff looks real pimp...

you have a 600RR...and it won't ever see the track...sigh....

Old 02-08-2006, 01:59 PM

I have the Icon Motorhead jacket and love it! I used some leather conditioner to soften it up and some weather proofing stuff. It fits and feels great. I get a lot of comments about it. I also have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket for sunny days that is really good, both have really good armor IMO. There are a lot of products out there you just have to try a lot stuff on. I wear an HJC helmet and love it, very comfy, sure the Arai and Shoei are nice but thats a lot of cash and I think its just for the name (my own opinion) but thats not going to make me spend 400 bucks more. Its been beating a dead horse around here about helmets. My opinion is as long as you got something on your skull youre better off than not having anything at all. You have try a lot of helmets on and go with what fits your head the best. Of course everyone is going to tell you get the best brand well the best brand is what you think is the best. And more than likely you will have that helmet a long time so you want something you can live with and not go "dang I shold have gotten that other one". Good luck.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Supersteve911
Of course everyone is going to tell you get the best brand well the best brand is what you think is the best. And more than likely you will have that helmet a long time so you want something you can live with and not go "dang I shold have gotten that other one". Good luck.
+1 couldn't say it better.

Quick Reply: New riding gear