General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New rider, just bought my CBR yesterday, need major advice.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so it ends up stalling out right as i get on the highway. it just wouldnt go anymore. I was lucky a guy towed it to the shop for FREE

now it's getting worked on, the problem was it was first stuttering a little bit and the throttle a little jumpy. then it would bog down then eventually it bogged down and wouldnt start.

atleast after it's done at the mechanic ill have peace in mind. god knows how much this is going to cost..

Old 03-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

atleast after it's done at the mechanic ill have peace in mind. god knows how much this is going to cost..
We'll cross our fingers and hope they don't take you to the cleaners

Last edited by IDoDirt; 03-31-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:39 AM

what?^^

Old 03-31-2012, 11:42 AM

Now would be a good time to get a Haynes or helms manual to familiarize yourself with your new toy.. the best gratification of getting work done to your bike is when you do it yourself

Old 03-31-2012, 06:48 PM

so the shop said my fuel line broke which broke the fuel pump. it's going to cost,

$160 for initial inspection then 200 for fuel pump then idk what the rest of the cost is.

so far its 450 and its not even done. that sound rediculous

Old 03-31-2012, 09:03 PM

that is Ridiculous bro, You can find an after market pump for about $40 at any pep boys or auto shop. I know it is not the OEM but one of those cost $300 plus for my CBR f1. I just bought my bike about 2 months ago it has one of those micro something fuel pumps on it , my bike runs fine with it, My bike has other issues but not the fuel pump. I dont know if that will work for your bike but there are a few to chose from shop around. fuel lines for the bike should be inexpensive at any auto shop or bike shop. I think you should do asholyniht said get a Haynes or Clymer manual you should be able to find one online for free with a little searching. Read it get to know your machine. You will not regret it. Hope this helps. But dont let them charge you to much. you could have already had everything you need for the price you paid and stili buy more. keep posting to let us know how it goes.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:21 PM

yeah for my ruckus my pump was 80. I left them a message saying i don't want them to order the fuel pump on monday.

where do i find a 95 cbr fuel pump?

is this what i need? 16710-MAL-601 - PUMP ASSY., FUEL - Honda OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

in this category OEM Parts Honda CBR600F3 1995 FUEL TANK - Cheap Cycle Parts

I also finished my MSF classes was really fun and informative. Highly recommended

Last edited by IDoDirt; 03-31-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Multi Post
Old 03-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by 95cbr600j
so the shop said my fuel line broke which broke the fuel pump. it's going to cost,

$160 for initial inspection then 200 for fuel pump then idk what the rest of the cost is.

so far its 450 and its not even done. that sound rediculous
There is no way that a fuel line that broke is going to brake your fuel pump. They don't call them STEALERS for nothing. Now you know what I mean by them taking you to the cleaners, they're cleaning you out of all your money. You can get that pump here for $120 or you could probably repair it by replacing the contacts in it. That's what usually goes wrong with them.

Ron Ayers Honda

The question I have is, what has any of this to do with repairing your carburetor, which they said 1 of the 4 was not working ?? What do they say about that ?

Old 03-31-2012, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
There is no way that a fuel line that broke is going to brake your fuel pump. They don't call them STEALERS for nothing. Now you know what I mean by them taking you to the cleaners, they're cleaning you out of all your money. You can get that pump here for $120 or you could probably repair it by replacing the contacts in it. That's what usually goes wrong with them.

Ron Ayers Honda

The question I have is, what has any of this to do with repairing your carburetor, which they said 1 of the 4 was not working ?? What do they say about that ?
They said they can't further inspect until they have fixed the fuel pump.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:20 AM

yeah sounds like they are trying to force your hand on this one.. tell them to put everything back together and that you will take your business elsewhere.

Quick Reply: New rider, just bought my CBR yesterday, need major advice.