General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member looking for advice

Hi, glad theres a lot of people with the same bike. Im new to the site and I just bought a 2001 CBR 600 f4i. Hoping some experienced members can give me advice about the bike, its handling, troubleshooting, good or bad. I love the bike. One thing Id like to ask, the FI indicator light stays on all the time. Anyone help with this? Love to hear from everyone and thanks for having me.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:04 AM
Default Honda CBR 600 F4i

Hi and welcome to the club! I've only just bought my CBR and joined the club myself a few months ago, so I don't have much experience of the bike. I had a Honda CB 500, which was a brilliant bike. I sold it to my next door neighbour and he sold it on to buy a 1998 CBR 600 FW, which he is delighted with. My model is a 2002 CBR 600F1 and is a low mileage machine (24,000 miles on the clock when I bought it) in red, white and blue. You can see my photos in the photo gallery on the home page. Coming off my last machine, a 1980 BMW R100RT, onto the Honda was a bit of a shock at first, as I couldn't get used to the high revving nature, compared to the BMW! Love the riding position, handling and posing factor of the bike and for me the bonus is in it's weight. Being only 5ft 5" the BMW was really a handful to push around my driveway and to get in and out of my garage! The Honda is dead easy to manoeurve as you will know and it is one of it's best qualities, for me at least . I've only managed a couple of rides on the bike, due to the lousy weather, but I'm looking forward to going up to Manchester, my home town, as soon as the weather picks up. I hope you enjoy your new bike and come to love it as much as I would think most owners do! Just change the oil and filter regularly, keep the tyres at the correct pressure and make sure you have enough petrol for a looonngg blast! LOL! Safe riding!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Default hey

Hey, I'm new to the site as well. I ride an 02 F4 (well sorta, my license is null and void at the moment)

If your FI light stays on once your bike is started, your ECU has a stored trouble code. If your bike is running fine then don't worry its nothing serious. To read the code you have to take your driver seat off.
1. Pull back the rear corners of the seat to reveal the bolts. With the seat off locate your ECU. (The big black box looking thing) Has 2 large connectors going into it, one of mine is grey the other is black. Yours probly the same.
2. Don't unplug them or anything just look for a small connector that is not plugged into anyting. It'll be sticking out of the wire harness close to the ECU plugs
3.. Jump the plug with a paper clip(stick one end of the paper clip into each side of the connector)
4.Turn the bike off. Turn the bike on and flip the kill switch to run. Watch the FI light. It will blink a pattern. 1 second blinks stand for one. 3 second blinks stand for 10.
EXAMPLE: 3 second blink-pause-8 short blinks would be 18.

Once you get the code you can either post if here and wait for someone to tell you what it means, or you can hit up the search bar on this forum.

Like I said though if the bike is running fine then its most likely nothing that needs immediate attention.