General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New CBR Dropped

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CBR Dropped

About a week ago I got a brand new 2011 CBR250R and my first day out on it I dropped it =O Theres not any major damage, just some minor scratches and scrapes on the bike. What would be the best way to fix all of this.

P.S. I don't have a lot of money, so if the best way is costly I would need a cheap fix until I can fork up the dough.

Here are some pictures.

Name:  IMG_1395.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  111.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1142.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  61.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6617.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  68.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4118.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  82.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6108.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  80.7 KB

Name:  IMG_8114.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  57.6 KB

Last edited by Tim Cahill; 03-26-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, you could get some sandpaper and rattlepaint, but my advice is don't. It's gonna look even worse... That scratch on the side fairing could be covered with some sort of sticker, the front's a little trickier. Wierd to see a 250 cbr cause we don't have those here at all...

if you just "dropped it" then how'd you get scratches on both sides? Are the bars bent or anything else?

I'd say just leave it be, there's no cheap way to do it (or many other things) properly... A bodge spray job on a brand new bike is even more of an eyesore then those marks. You could replace the mirrors and barweights with some aftermarket bits and ask some local car painter what they'd want to do the fairing(s)

Old 03-27-2012, 12:33 AM

ouch, how did this happen?

Old 03-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ya how does one just drop it.... you flipped it lol. My advice is to sell it, its a sign that god says who the hell wants a 250! buy a 600!

Old 03-27-2012, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mattson
Well, you could get some sandpaper and rattlepaint, but my advice is don't. It's gonna look even worse... That scratch on the side fairing could be covered with some sort of sticker, the front's a little trickier. Wierd to see a 250 cbr cause we don't have those here at all...

if you just "dropped it" then how'd you get scratches on both sides? Are the bars bent or anything else?

I'd say just leave it be, there's no cheap way to do it (or many other things) properly... A bodge spray job on a brand new bike is even more of an eyesore then those marks. You could replace the mirrors and barweights with some aftermarket bits and ask some local car painter what they'd want to do the fairing(s)
No the bars aren't bent. I actually got into two accidents with it already because I'm so new to bikes with no training (neither of them big) First I hit a patch of sand going around a turn and my bike just dropped to its side. Luckily I was going really slow so the bike and myself are okay. The second one is a little more embarrassing. I'll just tell you the scratches on the back of the mirror is from that. All of the other scratches are on one side tho, and none of them are on the front unless you count the mirrors.

A lot of people aren't familiar with a 250 around here either, it must've just came around or something.

@Jank lol I think me dropping it is a sign I'm not ready for a 600 yet

Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by JankCibberf2
ya how does one just drop it.... you flipped it lol. My advice is to sell it, its a sign that god says who the hell wants a 250! buy a 600!
yes, because going to a 600 without being able to ride a 250 would be SOOOOOO much better

Old 03-27-2012, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by sjona2011
yes, because going to a 600 without being able to ride a 250 would be SOOOOOO much better
hahaha

Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 PM

i love all the friendly advice.Id say leave it for now and get some miles under your belt,maybe take a rider safty class and stay out of traffic until u have a better command over your bike

Old 03-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ exactly what he said. ^ No reason to repair them as -let`s face it- there may very well be the chance they are not the last ones... As for myself, I propably would have not bought a new bike for this exact reason, but at least it should me mechanically sound so unlike me with my first bikes, you will propably spend more time on it than beside it... hopefully

Old 03-27-2012, 05:09 PM

haha hopefully. thanks for the advice everyone

Quick Reply: New CBR Dropped