General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help! '05 600RR...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help! '05 600RR...

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been on but now I'm back, and I need some help. I recently got a valve adjustment. I'm not sure what all has to be done in order to do the job but they did it. Well, the other day when I took it out for the first time since getting the maintenance done I started hearing a funny noise BUT only when the cooling fan kicked on (at 220*). It sounded like the fan was rubbing against something. After inspecting my bike I noticed that there was a rubber heat guard type thing that obviously wasn't where it should be and the fan was just nicking a little piece of the rubber, causing the noise. When I looked at it through the fairing(s), it was like going "over" the fuel injectors/wires BUT when I tried finding a place to put it back in/hook it up to, I couldn't find anything. It looks like there's 2 "slits" in the rubber, which I assume holds it in place somewhere. However, I still can't figure where this thing goes, so, I just tucked it "up" for now. Being that I just got a valve adjustment, etc...if you know what this rubber heat guard part could be and where's it's supposed to go/how it's supposed to be hooked up, PLEASE, let me know! I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:21 PM

My first step would be to call the dealership and talk to the mechanic that did the work. If the dealership is not too far out of the way, I would take the bike back and have the mechanic look at it.

Most wiring tabs are held in place by bolts that are holding something else on. So if they forgot to put a tab back on, you wont find anywhere for the wires to go. Also look to see if there is a tab out of place somewhere else. Its possible when they put everything back together, they put the tab in the wrong spot. If thats the case, you move it to the right location yourself, or have them do it. Its pretty easy to do if they weren't paying attention. Basically, if you have 3 bolts that hold on say the fan, two have washers and one has a tab. If they werent careful, they could have easily put it in the wrong spot.

But at the very least, I would give the dealership a call.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:56 PM

I agree. Make the dealership fix it.