General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005 | 06:11 PM
Default Need help with bike

So I just got my 99 CBR F4 out of the shop today. It was in there for 3 weeks cause the headlight went out and they had some trouble tracing down the problem. They traced it down to the ignition switch. So they replaced that and when they did it blew the fuel relay. Well, they contacted Honda to get this part. None of the Honda wiring diagrams showed this part to even exist. And the fuel relays that Honda did have didnt fit my bike. The relay Honda showed to be on bike was a 3 prong conection where as mine is 4. So basically Honda said the part on my bike didnt exist and didnt belive the part was even on the bike. We got the part number and name off the fuel relay and contacted the company that made this relay but they said they couldnt give us any info on the fuel relay because they have a contract with Honda... WTF...
So basically there was no way to get a new fuel realy switch for my bike.

Well the shop just bypassed the relay and the bike started right up. They called me this morning saying what they did and I was just so happy to get the bike back after 3 weeks of waiting.

But now the bikes not running like it should. If I accelerate fast or the bike is under a load, like taking off from a stop, the bike hesitates and almost feels like its missing and it sputters. If I just rev it then its smooth and sounds fine. The bike is still fast as hell... but isnt as fast as it should be and just isnt running right.

What can I do? If Honda cant even get the correct part for the bike then it sounds like im ****ed...

Please help

Old 08-05-2005 | 11:08 PM
Default RE: Need help with bike

Honda fuel cut relay

This webpage, number 10 on the list $55.38

Same on this Webpage

another Link

Old 08-06-2005 | 05:34 AM
Default RE: Need help with bike

Thats the correct connection for F4's but for some reason mine is 4 prong and im not sure if those in the link are 3 prong.