General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help asap

I just recently bought an 01 white/red CBR f4i but i have already stumbled across two major problems! I went in to get my state inspection today but they told me upfront that i will fail because 1. I need a white light shining on my license plate and 2. i need a new front tire. I was planning on just buying a little LED light or something from autozone and drilling a hole on my undertail. but the only problem is, i have completely no idea on how to wire it. I rather not pay 70 dollars for the shop to do it for labor because they told me it is very easy to wire. Would anyone on here know how to connect this LED light with the wires on my bike?? please help a brother out! My second question is, where/how much is the best and most affordable place for me to buy a new front tire. I am a broke college student, especially after this bike so spending the least would be preferably for me!! THANKS IN ADVANCE THIS FORUM IS GREATT!!

Old 11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to wire it up, you need to find a power source that is on when the bike is on, I'd use the taillight wire (not the brake light wire). Tap into that with the positive (usually red) of the LED and the negative (black) to a clean piece of metal. For the tire, check ebay, mounting is pretty easy too, do a google search there's plenty of how to vids.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:41 PM

If I were you I wouldnt bother going near the bikes wiring. Instead Id go down to a general car store and get a sticky white led strip they sell to the renegade youths for their ricer cars. They usually come with sticky tape on the back so you just peel and it slap it on where you want it. They're all usually 12v so the next step is run the wiring under the seat out of sight. Buy a 9v square battery. I dont know what kind of batterys you have out in the states but im assuming its the same. The square 9v type with the 3mm round connectors at one end.

The ends of the led strips wiring might already be split but if its not, split it so you have the red and black seperate. After that, using wire cutters gently work off the insulation so you have about half a inch of copper wire showing. You can litterally just tape the wires to the battery terminals. The black goes to the big mushroom connector and the red goes to the smaller one. led's are polarised so you need to get them connected the right way to work. You cant damage the led's by getting the terminals of the battery mixed up.

Once youre at the inspection place, just pull over a few streets before it. Lift up your seat and tape on the wires to the battery. Just a case of making sure its all snug and secure and you're good to go. The led's will stay lighted up for hours, maybe even days.

If you want to wire it into the bikes tail light, which is very do-able. You might want to try find someone who knows what they're doing. I dont have any pictures of how I wired my led's into my brake light but it involves a sh!tload of connectors and heatshrink.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Banned

Name:  f4ilicenseplatewires.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  80.3 KB

sorry i couldnt email you the pdf file.....i'm not too computer savvy and could not find a way to email that large of a file
kept getting "file is too large" messages

judging by the pic......the wires you are looking for is a bl/br (my guess is either blue/brown or black/brown) and a green one

just remember with bikes.....the green is the "negative" wire or otherwise known as the ground iirc

Old 11-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Find the POS and Neg and add one of these with two sided 3m adhesive strip

Worked great for me

Yeah Schultzy my friend you need adobe pro to copy out and save a single PDF page
which brings the file size right down .....man

Last edited by Sprock; 11-14-2009 at 09:17 PM.