General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new CBR

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new CBR

So I JUST bought a 2002 Honda CBR F4i, and 2 hours into it, my friend borrows it and lays it down on the left side. It broke my mirror as well as messed up my gear shifter. When I ride it it makes this little rattling sound. Then the next day I switched lanes and this car in front of me brakes hard so I braked but the bike came out from under me and just went sliding. I picked it up and it started leaking oil. I noticed a crack in the stator cover. I was wondering where the oil could be leaking from. Because by the time i got it to the bike shop i didnt see any oil in the look through glass.*Sigh* Does anyone know where i can get some new frame sliders, and maybe some new left fairings and front turn signals?

-t

Old 12-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Default RE: My new CBR

Oil will come from the crack in the stator cover.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:31 AM
I ♥ CBRF

Well a couple lessons learned huh? Never let a friend drive your machine and ALWAYS expect someone is going to make a maneuver that you will have to counter act. Just take it easy and expect the cage to always pull out in front of you or hit the brakes at a yellow light.

Oil CAN leak out from the Stator but as to were else it's leaking...Who knows. I would have to see it in order to be a better help. Same goes for the rattle…would have to see/hear it.

I use ebay for cheap plastics and D2cycles.Com is good on stuff like sliders, mirrors and levers. Check the sale section here first for some great deals.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Banned

First Bike??? Anyway, fix the mechanicals, leave the cosmetics. It sounds like you are cursed, so give it a year to get your mojo back. Get Vortex sliders, you gotta drill holes in the fairings, but there are several ways to do it (search function).

As far as letting your friend ride your bike, I let everyone ride mine, I've ridden theirs and that is how it is, they are objects, not family members. As a matter of fact, the day I passed the MSF, my buddy gave me the key to his 2005 1000RR (six months old at the time) to get some experience to see what type of bike I would want (cruiser, sportbike, standard), I rode that thing about10 times that monthbefore I picked the F4i. He even said to me 'you don't need a bike, just use mine' since he works so much.

Bikes can be fixed, good to hear you didn't get hurt. But it really sounds like you need to rethink a few things before buying new plastics, a car stopping in front of you happens every f**king day and if that freaks you out to the point that you crashthen really rethink your whole riding philosophy. It is easy to die out there.