General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My CBR got STOLEN, accessing power commander 3 will be my only way of convicting him.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My CBR got STOLEN, accessing power commander 3 will be my only way of convicting him.

Okay so about 10 days ago my bike got stolen.
One of my good friends called me up and told me that his niece's boyfriend was trying to sell him parts that looked EXACTLY like my 09 cbr 1000rr (I live in a small town of barely 30,000 people so it is a "small world" for us). Long story short, they in fact WERE my parts. The cops are holding everything for evidence but were unable to locate the engine with the vin. They said if I can give them proof that any of the parts were mine, I'd have a case.

Well it just so happens that the cops took the power commander III. I recently noticed that there is a serial number on the power commander box that the previous owner had given me. According to the PC3 website, plugging in the power commander should display the serial number of the power commander somewhere on the top right hand of the screen. Is it as simple as this, just plug and play and there goes the serial number matching the one of my box? Or is there more to it? Sorry, I just want to be fully prepared when I meet with detectives, as this will also be my first time ever opening a pc3 software.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen.

RE: PCIII... Call Power Commander - Tech Support/Customer Service. Tell them you situation & get the help you need. Hopefully, what you said above will be the case.

Hopefully others will Power Commander III's will see this & join in w/ more responses as well.

Good luck.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to have to meet you under the circumstances..
first I would go and introduce yourself in the welcome area and then restate whats going on with you.. you'll get more exposure that way and don't get me wrong, check back in this post.. my guess is a lot of people are going to want to help you mostly because of your unfortunate situation.. most people know what its like to have something they love stolen from them..
sorry I couldn't be more helpful... you should try the pc111 website as well!!
jay

you beat me to it gotcbr..lol

Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 PM

Thanks for the support. Okay, i will introduce myself over there.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a pc3, but hopefully they nail the guy. There is a special place in hell for people who steal bikes...

Is there nothing printed on the pc3 itself?

Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 AM

When I get home from class I'll plug my pcIII in and see if the serial number comes up
Let you know in like an hour or so. Hopefully that helps.

yea it works. when you plug in your power commander and use the power commander interface on the computer, the serial number on the barcode wihich is on the box should be in the top right hand corner. good luck

Last edited by gotcbr; 12-03-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: b2b
Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

dude it sucks you had your bike stolen, but believe me, the majority of people are not as lucky as you are right now.

it looks like (from mcbreezy's post) you're going to get this to go your way. i wish you all the luck in the world that you get your bike and things back. i HATE people that steal.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:29 PM

sucks to here this, i hope everything goes well for you and they catch the thief!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:38 PM

Thanks macbreezy and everyone else for your replies! Ill keep you guys posted on what happens with this situation

Old 12-04-2012, 09:35 PM

So since it was just a few parts they were selling, wonder what is left of the bike?
Hope it turns out for the better.

Quick Reply: My CBR got STOLEN, accessing power commander 3 will be my only way of convicting him.