General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Stands

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought T-Rex stands for my 600rr. Front and rear stand and it's been on them for over a month in the garage still up there. really stable too (I have rear spools which I recommend) I've bumped into the stands while tooling around the garage and the thing is a rock.

In the assembly diagram it showed stands that didn't have reinforcement ( looked like they would bend under weight) but then I looked at my stands and they had a reinforcement bar. They are really great.

The crates are ok... but i wouldn't want to take my wheel off and on everytime I wanted to raise the wheel off the ground.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pistonempire
The crates are ok... but i wouldn't want to take my wheel off and on everytime I wanted to raise the wheel off the ground.
Huh? what are you talking about. If you want to take the wheel off it MUST be off the ground.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:20 PM

T-Rex.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
Huh? what are you talking about. If you want to take the wheel off it MUST be off the ground.
What? Did you not READ my statement? I said I wouldn't want to take off the wheel to put the bike on the crates everytime I wanted to RAISE the bike let's say for storage or to lube the chain. In the picture he showed his wheel was OFF and his swingarm was being supported by milk crates. It looked as though in order for the crates to hold it up safely the rear tire HAS to be off the bike hence my previous statement.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You think I took the wheel off THEN put the bike on the crates? Whatever Lamonte.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
You think I took the wheel off THEN put the bike on the crates? Whatever Lamonte.
Actually smarty pants I think you balanced it on the crates took off the tire THEN positioned the crates in a better position. I don't see how the hell with the tire ON the crates can distribute the weight evenly. That was my opinion. You obviously became offended by my comment; which was in no way intended to offend anyone! in a simpler way all I said is I prefer stands, not because I have them but because of the ease and safety factor of using them over crates.

Let me break it down if you still don't understand. I know you raised it first THEN took off the tire but I don't think holding up the bike with crates with the tire on (the crates would be offset and not safely under to distribute the weight correctly with the tire in the way) is a safe thing to do. Hence in my observation everytime you want to raise your bike for any extended period of time SAFELY you have to take off the tire before leaving the bike there unattended. You raise it, take off the tire, and reposition the crates correctly. With out doing it that way I don't find it safe and that's my opinion. So I prefer stands.

and please refrain from calling me names got that Lamonte?

Last edited by Pistonempire; 12-15-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: add content
Old 12-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chill out guys. No need to argue about this.

Just remember the old line: Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics..... even if you win, you're still retarded.

And in this case it's entirely accurate because skydoobie is technically right, but he still has his bike sitting on milk crates.

(ok guys, you can both attack me now...It doesn't bother me...I'm used to it... )

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 12-15-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:35 PM

Lol.... No attacks from me bro lol.

I didn't even want to argue to begin with I guess he just likes milk!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wandered past Harbor Freight on Mon. Grabbed one of their rear stands for $39.99. I'll give it a try this weekend.

Given the price, if I were concerned about the sturdiness of the stand which end of the bike would be least likely to be damaged by its collapse: front or rear?

Old 12-15-2009, 08:09 PM

When removing the wheels make sure to loosen the axle bolts before lifting the bike.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Stands