General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little help is SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help is SC

I have a 2000 929RR with a Akrapovic bolt on. The problem is the HTEV doesnt open until like 7000 rpm. It sounds good when it opens but doesnt sound as good at idle"too quite". I was wondering if I took the valves out of the HTEV and left everything hooked up what kind of problems would it have if any? I am kinda running on a buget and don't really want to drop $300 on a PCIII and another $120 on the bypass tubes. I also dont really want to wait to do this "3-5 days shipping". If I remove the HTEV and take out the valves what will happen? Thanks for everyones help. This is my first post so I look foward learning as much as possible I have had the 929 for about 6 weeks and I love it. If any one has any tips or tricks or useful info. Let me know. Later.

Josh

Old 03-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A little help is SC

If you take the valve out you need a block off plate and i don't think they make one... what i did with mine is too undo the cable and take them completely off and i safety wired the valve inthe open position, takes a little getting use to cause it does change the throttle response on the low end to have them open all the time. It feels like it boggs down but goes away very quickly. i hope this helps...