General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left nut going in? (body part)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left nut going in? (body part)

dont know about you guys, but seriously - i have had enough with 6,600 miles and my left nut can take no more.. *gets the rusty saw out* it only hurts when i'm pretty much stopping with both hands on the bars - if i do the right hand only, with my left leg kind-of spread away from the tank it's all good.. dont know if you guys are having problems with yours haha.

anyways, anyone got a solution or should i start sawing away?[:-][:-]

Old 07-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Left nut going in? (body part)

Quit humping the tank!

Seriously, you're letting your body slide up to the tank. Use your knees to grip the tank and keep your boys off the tank.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: fishnride

Quit humping the tank!
I CANT HELP IT - she is beautiful haha.. na i try to grip the tank with my knees as much as possible but didnt know if some tank grips or maybe a bra would help me out in this department..

Old 07-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the Tech Spec USA Gripster pads for my bike - basically the same thing as the Stompgrip, but the Gripster can be removed and re-installed.

http://www.techspec-usa.com/

When I ride the wife's 600RR (which has a bare tank), I find that jeans won't give you much grip, and the slide forward in the seat while braking is inevitable. I usually ride in full leathers on my bike, and the leather pants along with the the Gripster pads keep me in place evenunder heavy braking. The pads also glue your outside knee to the tank if you're hangin' your a$$ off the seat in a turn. Even with jeans, the Gripster keeps you in place.

Here's a pic of my bike (the black one) with the tank pads installed. The other bike is the wife's.

Oh, another thing that moved me backin the seat was aftermarket rearsets which movved my feet up and back. Big difference in riding position - my chest is right over the tank and it's totally comfortable.