General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED turn signal help

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED turn signal help

OK...I just recieved the mirrors I ordered, with integrated LED turn signals. I have them attached and wired, but only half of the LEDs light up for some reason. They also flash much faster, but I understand that this is because in removing the stock signals I also removed the resistor that came with them. I will wire in a resistor later.

I was just curious if anyone had issues like this before and could possibly help. They do flash, and they will be exceptionally bright at night, but I don't understand why only half of the LED's light up.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

I think if you just add a couple diodes it will help the timing.
I know its a pain once you install leds to have to remove them but they may be faulty.
Try hard wiring them straight to a 12v source to see if they all light up then.

I would also use some quick release connectors (if you didn't already) while your in the wiring. I know i regret not using any on my F3.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Default I feel stupid...

OK, all the LED's were lighting up. I just didn't see all of them because I was looking from the wrong angle. I'm so tall that there were only half of them I could see. when i squat I can see them all.

But now I have a more important problem. I started the bike up...and my display is blank. No tach, no odo, no speedo, no clock, no nothing.

Thoughts?

Old 04-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

My first thought is: fuse

Old 04-15-2009, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Endless
My first thought is: fuse
And you were right. As i dove in today to take a close look at everything, I realized I had mistakenly attached my negative wires to my ground. Oops! I blew two fuses. I reattached my wires the way they were meant to be attached, and I plan to get some extra wire to ground it to the frame. Then we'll see what happens.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Default So Closeee...

I'm not there yet...I have my signals (flush mounts and mirrors) all hooked up and dandy, but the fuse to the speedo keeps blowing. I'm confused now, I plan to take the bike to the dealer monday morning, unless someone here has a brain wave for me. Everything works except my display and tail light. Even my brake lights work. For the record, at my friends suggestion (Honda auto mechanic and fellow rider) I attached the ground and negative wires from the bike to the LED's, and so now everything but the speedo/tach/etc works.

As soon as I turn the key to the "on" position, the fuse blows. And it looks like it is the only one, everything else continues to work just fine.

Any ideas?

Old 04-20-2009, 05:01 PM

either you are drawing too many amps or you have something crossed/touching metal. double check your grounds and make sure all of your spliced wires are done correctly and covered so the wire isn't touching and part of the frame/bike.