General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

InterNatrix Alarm Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default InterNatrix Alarm Review

Alright, since there seemed to be quite an amount of questions and interest in the InterNatrix Alarm, I got one for Christmas and installed it today. I installed the control module under the passenger seat (in the so called trunk/compartment). I fit perfectly on the side were the is a little room. I also put the antenna under there. So far, I only installed the LED Alert sensor which flashes while the alarm is on, the motion/shock sensor and the turn signal flashers, and both the verbal command and siren horns (which was pretty tricky locating somewhere to put them). I still have to hook up the remote cut off, becuase that will take some time that I didnt have today. I ran all the wires to the horns turns and led sensors and then wrapped all of them tightly in Electrical Tape (for a more clean look). I had to add some 20g wire on the horns of them to make it all way to the front (I installed them by the air duct). All I can say about the siren is HOLY CRAP is it LOUD!!!!! The LED made it all the way to the front. I drilled a hole in the air duct cover and installed the LED in there. I installed the motion sensor under the seat (because thats where it said even though I think that skind of odd, but the BARELY fits under seat, you have to play with it for a while. The remote is really easy to use and vibrates and makes a noise when the alarm goes off. I have to make the motion sensor more sensitive by cutting the wire. Everything is pretty much plug in and play (thats why its not under how to or anything). But I took a few crappy pictures with my phone.

But the main reason I wanted to put this up is because I just wantedto let the other who had questions like me a while back that I really think this alarm with worth the $140. For $140, you get the same capabilities as the $450 alarms. I think this alarm is worth while looking into and I think it is money well spent. I know there are some others on here who dont think this alarm is worth anything (I think BlindinOrange was disappointed with is) but maybe the changed something because so far, I really like it, I had one for my buddies walk by it and stand by it ouside while I was inside and it worked great. I just wanted to let everyone know who was interested, that so fat, I give it a [sm=smiley20.gif]

Heres a few pictures
Name:  ViewSide.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  UnderseatWire.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  44.0 KB

Electrical Tape was just holding it in place for fitment.
Name:  HornView.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  33.4 KB

Name:  Control1.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  24.9 KB

Old 01-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Default RE: Alarm Information

Well, I guess no one has the interest anymore, haha

Old 01-06-2007, 09:41 AM

Good write up and I know I appreciate the info. I had the Scorpio alarm on one of my bikes before, and like you said, sounds like this alarm does everything it does for 1/4 the price.

Good info and I'm gonna seriously think about getting one of these now.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:56 PM

Yeah, and one thing that I like about it is that if you:

Hit the lock button once: Only the shock sensor is activated

&

Hit the lock button a second time: The shock and motion sensor are activated. That way if you were in a high motion area, your alarm wont go off every twelve seconds. I thought that was pretty cool.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:53 AM

Keep us updated on everyday use... motion sensor reliability, does it eat batteries, and any other little things you may run up against. Good or bad.

Thanks again.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:19 PM

Will do, I'll keep you informed

Old 01-10-2007, 04:51 PM

Well, so far it has been 2 weeks since its been installed, and everything is working perfectly. The LED that flashes when it shows the bike is armed is still worksing and hasnt drown down the battery, even when its left on for a day with it on. The remote works to arm and disarm from a pretty good distance, and still alerts from a ways away. Nothing has gone wrong yet (knock on wood) Just thought I would keep everyone interested informed

Old 01-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Default RE: InterNatrix Alarm Review

Thanks for the write up, this alarm caught my eye as well.