General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IMPORTANT FOR ALL RIDERS! I LOVE HONDA! Let me tell you why!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMPORTANT FOR ALL RIDERS! I LOVE HONDA! Let me tell you why!

Well, I took my 04 600RR into Southern Tier Honda in Mountour Falls, NY...

They changed my spark plugs bc one of them had fouled out.. while they were putting bike back together and running it.. they realized its running rich! Fuel Injected bike running rich? hmmm.. ? after 3 days of investigating they found the TPS (throttle position sensor) which is a part of the manifold on my bike and costs $799 just for the part, was FUC%#D UP!.. well.. after Gary the owner found this out he said hold on.. let me call Honda.. after 20 min on the phone he said i got good news and bad news..

i said bad news first.. he said well.. You wont have your bike back untill friday..

i said ok.. now the good news.. he said "HONDA IS GIVING YOU THE PART FOR FREE AND SAID SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Im soo impressed with Honda standing by thier bikes even one with 9k miles on it..

Just a note to any of you who are thinking about getting anything but a Honda.. RECONSIDER!

ZF

Old 09-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: IMPORTANT FOR ALL RIDERS! I LOVE HONDA! Let me tell you why!

Was your bike still under warranty? I have the 4-year plan on mine (making a total of 5-year coverage), so I'm not that worried about her breaking, but it's nice to know that Honda stands by their bikes (warranty or not). I went back to my dealer for the 600 mile checkup, and they found my starter to be "sticking" and making a squealing noise. They didn't even hesitate to change it out for me. I came back a couple hours later to , and they told me they replaced my starter because it was defective. I was impressed, but not as NEARLY impressed as I was when I received a letter in the mail from Honda apologizing for my defective part. Now THAT'S customer service.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:09 PM

Nope bikes isnt under warranty.. about 9100 miles and its an 04.. i was sooo happy. . since honda saved me 1k im putting two brothers carbon fiber exaust and PC3 power commander on this week..

going to be nice to have my motor mapped to my fuel octane and exaust!!

CAnt wait!!

Old 09-17-2007, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

Well, I took my 04 600RR into Southern Tier Honda in Mountour Falls, NY...

They changed my spark plugs bc one of them had fouled out.. while they were putting bike back together and running it.. they realized its running rich! Fuel Injected bike running rich? hmmm.. ? after 3 days of investigating they found the TPS (throttle position sensor) which is a part of the manifold on my bike and costs $799 just for the part, was FUC%#D UP!.. well.. after Gary the owner found this out he said hold on.. let me call Honda.. after 20 min on the phone he said i got good news and bad news..

i said bad news first.. he said well.. You wont have your bike back untill friday..

i said ok.. now the good news.. he said "HONDA IS GIVING YOU THE PART FOR FREE AND SAID SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE" WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Im soo impressed with Honda standing by thier bikes even one with 9k miles on it..

Just a note to any of you who are thinking about getting anything but a Honda.. RECONSIDER!

ZF
More good news: My first real motorcycle was a Honda SL70. I wore the trany out on it trying to keep up with YZ125's and RM 250's and Maico's...yada ya.

My dad went to Honda West diassmbled and mangled gears wrapped in a rag on the counter.

The owner said, let me check and see if I have anything for that model. (It was about a 6 year or more old trail/off-road bike)

Owner went in the back, came back with a dusty box, laid it on the counter, told my dad no charge, and for me to have fun.

That same dealership is putting some new Lop Qualifiers on my CBR tomorrow. Provided the nail and air stay in the tire to get there.

Probably will.

Bad news:

No recall on the ACCT's of the F series...oh skip it.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:06 PM

Their reputation is important and your experience proves that they care about you and your experience. Service is everything nowadays. Nice post.