General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need help. please read

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help. please read

I bought a cbr 900 bike came with no title. I am in Florida. It also came with 2 extra frames and a bunch of extra parts. One of Tue frames has a school of ruckus stunt bike team sticker on it. I'm having a hard time locating any info on these bike vins. I'm unsure if they have a certificate of destruction or stolen. Or mabey they are rebuildable or lost. I would like to know. Tax collector said its not from fl so they don't know. Law enforcement won't run it. Georgia tax collector said its not from their either. Alabama won't even tell me anything. Can anyone help me at least find out what state this bike is from

Old 11-17-2010, 08:08 PM

Do any of the frames have VIN's? Where did you buy the bike (what state)? Have you tried calling American Honda to see if they can help? You can also go here and run the VIN and it may tell if it has been totaled or stolen (if it was reported stolen). Be aware that the database may not contain the info you are looking for. Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions, to which you must agree to proceed. It explains a little more about the database.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:34 AM

I've never heard about American Honda. I will look into that. Two of the frames have vins. But one doesn't. The one that doesn't have a vin well that vin I can tell was grinded off. All three frames were polished to the side vins were removed. The only vin is on the neck of the two frames. I did use something called instavin its supposed to he like a car fax it says the last time bike was registered was in Indiana mater o fact that's the only place were it was registered 3 times. I'm in fl were I bought the bike here in fl. That website claims the last time it was registered was 2004 and that there are no accident reports or total loss. Hopefully its got a clean just lost title

Old 11-18-2010, 08:35 AM

You're screwed. Don't buy a bike without a title.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:36 AM

Well if I can't get it the way of chasing down The owner then I will file a private property lean to get the title

Old 11-18-2010, 08:58 AM

Dang it, I forgot to put in the URL and now I cannot find the site. DOH!

Wait................found it. www.nicb.org

Old 11-19-2010, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by joseph_zlnsk
Well if I can't get it the way of chasing down The owner then I will file a private property lean to get the title
Haha, good luck. Let us know how THAT goes...

Old 11-20-2010, 04:04 AM

So what I did is order a history of Tue vehicle from the state of indiana. Called a form 46449 and what does is the state sends a letter to the last registered owner saying I am trying to get a hold of him to get possession of the title. If he is unresponsive after 30 days then the state will issue a transfer of the title. And I will receive it.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Good luck man but in the future never ever do this again you don't want to buy any bike with out a title and for all you know right now your holding stolen good gl on the hunt for your title but the frame with no vin. I would get rid of it, not sell it and not to a scrap yard the will ask for a title just ditch it somewhere

Old 11-21-2010, 10:33 AM

Dont listen to this people about the whole dont buy a bike wit no title. If its a damn good deal you will just have to pay a little extra. 1st recommendation, get some sort of bill of sale a generic one will work. Youll have to get a surety bond which will cost about 100 to 200 wherever u go. With the surety bond and bill of sale you can go to your registration office and get a bonded title. In texas a bonded title will clear the "bonded" after 3 years of ownership. I had the same issue cuz the loan office lost or didnt receive everything from the bike shop who were shut down shortly after my purchase. Got a hold of the bike shop owner he said he sent everything so instead of back and forth i did the title bond. I think all in all it cost me around 400 for everything..... Shoot me a pm if you need further information. Im not telling you how to get a bill of sale if you dont have one but you do what you gotta hint hint.....

Its to easy to call the dmv prior to purchase with the vin and ask is it a stolen bike. they are not going to tell you who owns the bike but they will tell you if its stolen.

Quick Reply: i need help. please read