CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-tech-9/)
-   -   Hotbodies undertail lights (https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-tech-9/hotbodies-undertail-lights-133047/)

jveach 12-19-2011 08:22 PM

Hotbodies undertail lights

let me start by clearing a few things up
bike:2001 f4i

Also I'm not running an hotbodies undertail, but I ordered a hotbodies solo race tail for my bike and it has a lip for the tailights where you can either cut it off and use your stock taillight or if you chose put the little round lights in it that they use on the undertails.

I want to use the round lights. I need to know if anyone knows what lights I can use. I was thinking these ( eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices ) as it seems to be all have found so far. I'm hoping for more suggestions

cuetip 12-23-2011 02:11 PM

do it dude, me i personally dont care for the undertail lights, but u should get them

jveach 12-23-2011 02:56 PM

I already ordered them, they won't be here till the 27th though. I'll post back then and show pic's and a quick review of them.

I wanted to go with the taillights for the tail instead of cutting it out and using stock taillight because I built my own fender eliminator kit for it all, I'm running full race fairings now its pretty neat how I did the headlight too. I may do a write up on it all, as everything has only cost me about 500 bucks, fairings, taillights, headlights, all. It makes for a heck of a nice budget build. Where I live fairings don't last long unless you plan to let your bike sit around and not ride it.

CJardine 12-24-2011 03:25 AM

Do it, do a write-up, it adds to the community and makes us sstronger

F4Imang 12-28-2011 04:10 PM

i have that style undertail on my 04. it came with an 03 tail swap i baught and i didnt think i liked it at first but i got the swap on and the lights all wired up and i like it alot. i think u will be happy with the end result. only thing about the lights is there is no real nice way to hold them in there aside from siliconing them in.

jveach 12-29-2011 11:27 PM

I haven't installed them yet, the lights showed up today. They seem like they will be pretty bright. I was thinking on making some kind of plastic tabs and using a two part glue to hold them to the lights and in place. But I haven't figured it out yet.

jveach 12-30-2011 03:39 PM

mounted the lights up today, they work great. Bright, very easy to mount. All I did was make a small hole then slowly kept making it bigger till the light had to be forced to slide in, the light had a notch when it was fully slid in that locked it into place. Only downside is I could not get the turn lights to work, I'm just gonna run 3 inch led strips for the turns, thats how I had them before anyway. But all in all I recommend these lights for anyone interested