General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hiding the Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hiding the Wiring Harness

Hey all. I've recently converted my F4i to a naked sport bike and as such am left with a substantial amount of exposed wiring harness. I would like a nice clean front end but am having difficulting figuring something out. You guys have any advice as to what I can do and where I can hide the wiring sub-harness so that only the necessary amount of wiring is showing? ie. ignition, headlights and controls.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

pics would help guide us

have you electrical taped it into a nice tight harness?\

basically, you're just going to move everything that's outside the frame to inside the frame

Old 03-19-2013, 03:36 AM

I have all my wiring tucked under the front of the airbox. Then over the radiator and under the lower triple clamp. It's nice and tidy...I did have to re solder a couple wires for it all to move under the airbox but whatever you gotta do to move everything inside the frame.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Fobwareagle
I have all my wiring tucked under the front of the airbox. Then over the radiator and under the lower triple clamp. It's nice and tidy...I did have to re solder a couple wires for it all to move under the airbox but whatever you gotta do to move everything inside the frame.
This sounds like the most plausible, thanks! Did you have to remove the gas tank to get it under the airbox? Is there room above the airbox directly under the gas tank? And what about IN the airbox? Thanks again.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by CPRF4i
This sounds like the most plausible, thanks! Did you have to remove the gas tank to get it under the airbox? Is there room above the airbox directly under the gas tank? And what about IN the airbox? Thanks again.
Yes you'll have to remove the tank and airbox to move all the wiring in there. If you don't there's just no room for hands to get in there. There isn't much room between the airbox and tank but yes, something could go in there as far as wiring. No I wouldn't put anything in the airbox cause that would f up the airflow and if something came apart or broke in there it's getting sucked right into the piston chamber...and that's bad juju lol.