General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please..

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please..

I purchased a wrecked bike and I have ran into a problem with the bike not wanting to run, Spiting and sputter and you can crank the throttle wide open with no response still just spittin and sputter you can twist the handle bars and it will straighten up alil .. also its gets worse when you put it in gear..ive check all the wires and have found anything .. any ideas on certain wires to check. Iam also going to bypass the bank angle sensor. Any Ideas would help

Old 07-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Default RE: Help Please..

Ohhh Yea.. Its a 2002 CBR 600 F4i

Old 07-02-2008, 12:44 PM

Update: I bypassed the bank angle sensor, double checked the wiring harness for bare (naked) or any grounds and found nothing started the bike up ran fine shut it off started it back and it started to spit and sputter again so iam thinkin thats its not a grounded wire.. when the bike is running fine it will run perfect until you shut it off and start it back is when it starts to spit and sputter and sometimes if you shake the bike it will straighten up and run right for a second.. also if its sits awhile sometime it will start right up and run fine.. one of my buddies seams to think its the fuel pump .. but when you turn the key on the fuel pump primes up.. any ideas please help...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:47 PM

It could be the fuel pump. The only way to tell is if you test the pressure. Being a fuel injected bike, it requires high pressure to the injectors... if the pressure is low, it will stumble.

The bank angle sensor will just make it so the bike wont start at all. I would hook it back up.

How long has the bike sat? any number of things could have happened in the time it sat. A friend of mine had a similar situation with a stored bike.. He can a bunch of corn in his airbox from a rodent. I would check your airbox and make sure its clear. Also check the exhaust for abstructions.

A cracked coil could be a problem as well. Pull the coils and see if they are ok.. while your there... check the sparkplugs to make sure they didnt crack in the wreck.

Where is the damage to the bike? it might help others advise on what it could be.