General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help installing vortex triple....

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help installing vortex triple....

Well, haven't even seen my bike in person yet and I am already blowing all my money on accessories, worse than a crack addiction!!!

Sumofallparts are decent guys in that I have bought from them a few times and have had some really good buys and experiences. One of the guys I work with gave me a smoking deal on a ton of parts....

520 conversion kit with -1/+2 sprockets all vortex with teflon black coating, and a gold top of the line rg x ring chain, hopefully that will look good.
A second look tankskin cover
A speedohealer with plug and play harness for honda to keep my mileage right
K&N oil filters for free...
Yellow reflective rim stripes pre curved, (hopefully easier to install)
No cut frame sliders
two bros carbon exhaust
A vortex triple clamp cnc machined, looks pimp and makes the forks tough, no flex....

I am not worried about installing anything except for the triple clamp. I never would have bought one but he gave me like 70% off on it, much less deals on everything else. I have read in a lot of different forums they really help the front end feel bulletproof, and are much stronger with almost zero fork flex. I am considering selling it on ebay if the install is really a pain, and I don't want to mess up my brand new bike setup, but if it isn't bad I will definately keep. Anyone have any experience with these? All stock parts are supposed to fit without issue with it. If anyone has done this let me know!!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Default RE: Help installing vortex triple....

The install is actually really easy, just unbolt the stem nut, loosen the pinch bolts, remove the ignition cylinder (this is the hardest part) and lift straight up. Install is reverse of removal.
But... It's not going to get rid of fork flex, and anyone who says otherwise is full of it. The majority of forks flex happensbetween the lower triple and front axle, not at the top triple. The only reason to change out the top triple, other than cosmetic reasons, is to be able to adjust the fork offset (for racing), and for lighter weight.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:38 AM

Awesome, thanks for the input!!! I agree, I did have a part on an r6 at one time that was a fork brace that seemed to work fairly well, I will have to see how good the vortex looks before putting it on or selling it. I love the pictures of it though....

Old 11-14-2007, 12:08 PM

Do you wanna get rid of your original one? Send me a PM if you'd like to get rid of it. I'm going to drill out mine for dirtbike bars and would like to have a nice spare for the future.

Sounds like this is going to be one sweet lookin bike by next season...be sure to post up some pics!

Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 PM

I would be interested in selling the original, what are you thinking for a price?