General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!

Hello everyone. New member here. Well I’m tiring to find the root of the problem that is at hand with my bike. I have a 04 1000rr with just over 5k on her. Every once and a while she will idle real rough, rpms jumping up and down by about half a rpm. Because of this I had her kill on me a several times while at a stop, also while riding too. Starts right back up with no hesitation. At first I thought it could be a bad spark plug but I only have 5k on her so it might be some kind of vacuum leak? It just feels like the bike is not receiving enough air when it is happening. But I’m not sure. If it is a leak not a clue where to begin looking and for what. I’m open for any suggestions. Don’t want to have to take it to a dealer to find out what is happening.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Default RE: Help!!!!

Checking and changing spark plugs is always the first step in troubleshooting any motorcycle.

Old 06-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what kind of environment you ride in but I would also take a look at the air filters.

Old 06-10-2006, 06:15 AM

most likey it is ur o2 sensor is bad ( contamination ) i would start from where it doesnt cost u lot on ur wallet .. get some throttle body cleaner and clean the throttle body using tooth brush .. after that ur bike will be hard to start ..make sure to give a gas half throttle n hold for about 5 sec let all the nasty stuff out of exhaust .. hope this helps