General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas in oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas in oil

Well its my step dads 01 katana 750. It was fine all last year but when we parked it this year for winter is when all the problems started.We put our bikes away with a full tank of gas and now his is completely empty. We got a break in the weather so we finally went out and drained the oil(i mean gas lol) and changed oil and oil filter. What do you guys think causes gas to get in with the oil? My guess is the carbs were dirty so i took them off today and he is going to take them to get cleaned this week. Any other ideas of why this would happen or do you think its the carbs?

Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess is gravity pulled it down, lol. But at least your crankcase should be nice & clean. Does that thing have a petcock? ...and if so, was it left open? Also, if the floats in your carburators were all gunked up, that might explain why they didn't stop the flow of fuel from dripping through.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea it has a petcock but it is vacuum operated and there is no off way lol it has on reserve prime. not sure what prime is lol but my guess was the floats might be gummed up. thanks