General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump wont turn on after layed down

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by americancbr929rr
thank yall for the help i'm trying to hurry and get some good rides in before the good weather runs out...I checked everything fuses are good sensors work but still no power to the pump to prime it i'm thinking maybe the sensor? how much do thoes run?
If you are talking about the fuel cut relay under the seat mounted to the frame about 40.00 ? Jump it out like was said, If i remember its the small r/b and black wire you need to jump, its in the thread.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:08 PM

alright guys got the fuel issue figured out it was a relay its I'm order...now I crossed the relay temporarily and tryed to crank the bike and no good it won't fire up I checked the plug wires they get power to one side but nothing on the other side no ground or power any thought I'm things to check or places to look? and help would be greatly appreciated

Old 08-02-2012, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by americancbr929rr
alright guys got the fuel issue figured out it was a relay its I'm order...now I crossed the relay temporarily and tryed to crank the bike and no good it won't fire up I checked the plug wires they get power to one side but nothing on the other side no ground or power any thought I'm things to check or places to look? and help would be greatly appreciated
You cant switch them. The other relay is the engine stop relay. You need both for the bike to run. It is part of the antitheft system. You could use the one up front in the fairing but you will need to remove the front fairing and there will be 2 relays there, 1 is for the headlights the other is for the BAS. Look at them and use the one that is the same, check the numbers, if it is not the headlight one and it is the bas you will need to jump out the 2 outer wires so the bike will run. BTW, the fairing must be upright or placed back on the bike temporarily. If not the bas will not let the bike start UGH.