General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injection Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injection Conversion

Anyone that has seen or intend to follow my "$200 Build" post, where I purchased a 1999 F4 for $200, knows I'm fixing this bad boy up. However, I'm a PGM-FI man, I have next to zero experience with carburetors and frankly, I'm not sure I want experience with them.

I've tuned LS1's, LT1's, every Honda inline 4 out there, DSM's, etc.all of which required me to work my magic on a laptop. This mechanical tuning, well, bleh.

So I may try to stray from it, though that would require a PGM-FI conversion (ie. throttle body, fuel rail, injectors, injector harness, wire harness, PGM/ECU/PCM/ECM [whatever its referred to on Honda bikes], fuel regulator, etc.) though this all assuming that engine displacement, camshafts, cylinder head/dome volume, transmission gearing, etc. are the same OR that the Power Commander allows me to tune to compensate. Unfortunately, I have zero experience with Power Commander, which is no big deal (give me an EGT, timing gunand wideband and I'll do some nice work) though it is if it doesnt allow for the precise fuel and timing cell editing that I'm hoping it allows.

Sooo. I'm calling upon any and all experts in this area on the forums. Speak up, please. If there are any screenshots someone can provide, that would be GREAT! The only ones I can seem to find are these:

http://www.dynojet.co.uk/powercommander/software.htm

Which, I cannot strain my eyes anymore to see if those are fuel cells or what..

If I can edit fuel cells and timing cells then that is a start. If the PC takes gearing into consideration, great. In that case, does the CBR ECM/PCM/ECU/whatever use RPM for determining the gearing or is there is a gear indication/position sensor on the trannies of the F4i's?

Maybe I'll just tough it out with these carberators, but, what I would do to be able to tune with my laptop.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Injection Conversion

my friend does all the tuning for me, but he says it works a lot like hp tuners which would make me believe that there should be individual cell tuning.