CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-tech-9/)
-   -   Fried ECU? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-tech-9/fried-ecu-122014/)

hard2obtain 03-05-2011 11:53 PM

Fried ECU?

Yesterday changed the headlights bulbs (NOTE: i get the 12v signal from some wire that send signal when switch is in ON position), i start the bike and around a minute later it shut down.

Lights, stop and directionals are ok but fuel pump doesnīt activate and starter switch is dead also. Fuses from fuse box are ok, checked starter selenoid fuse and is ok too, changed main fuse but nothing happens, check voltage from battery and some wiring and is 12v.

What else i can check for problems???

justasquid 03-06-2011 01:58 AM

Have you tried to unwire the headlights to see if you can reverse the situation?

Will the bike push start?

the fuel pump is probably not activating because it has pressure. I believe those models only activate the pump when the pressure drops. So I don't know if the fuel pump is related or not.

The first thing I would check though is the kickstand switch. Then the killswitch, then maybe the neutral safety switch.

If the bike was running fine, then its more than likely something simple. Its just a matter of finding it.

hard2obtain 03-06-2011 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid (Post 1022038)
Have you tried to unwire the headlights to see if you can reverse the situation?

Will the bike push start?

the fuel pump is probably not activating because it has pressure. I believe those models only activate the pump when the pressure drops. So I don't know if the fuel pump is related or not.

The first thing I would check though is the kickstand switch. Then the killswitch, then maybe the neutral safety switch.

If the bike was running fine, then its more than likely something simple. Its just a matter of finding it.

yes, i unwire the headlights but doesnt result, about kickstand i dont think because the bike is in neutral.

Tomorrow im goint to check some wiring to see if i hit the problem

hard2obtain 03-06-2011 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by hard2obtain (Post 1022011)
Yesterday changed the headlights bulbs (NOTE: i get the 12v signal from some wire that send signal when switch is in ON position), i start the bike and around a minute later it shut down.

Ok... today i follow the route from that wire where i take the 12V signal for my headlamps, and that wire goes also to the on-off switch, IGNITION COIL and CDI (ecu).

Im pretty shure i fried the CDI

There is any way i can check the CDI to see if is fried????

adrenalnjunky 03-06-2011 05:57 PM

did you build a custom wiring harness or something? Why not just use the headlight wiring that was already installed in the bike that was fused and separated from the critical engine systems?

hard2obtain 03-07-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky (Post 1022263)
did you build a custom wiring harness or something? Why not just use the headlight wiring that was already installed in the bike that was fused and separated from the critical engine systems?

No... my bad i just take the 12v from another wire different than the headlight connector.

Ok... i am still checking the wiring but theres no 12V signal from the battery to the CDI (ecu) or from the battery to the different components like starter switch or on/off switch.

It was probabbly a bad starter relay, but i donīt know how to check it

hard2obtain 03-09-2011 10:53 PM

Update...

I check the on-off switch and i got 12V when switch is in ON position, but i think the starter switch isnīt working because didīt send any 12v when i push it.

But... the starting switch acts like a bridge to almost all other electical sistems? (except lighting sistem)