General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first time carb sync help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face first time carb sync help

Hi there trying to sync my carbs for the first time and according to the haynes manual i should remove screws #1,2+4 and remove vac hose on #3, but my bike looks like the vac hose is on #2. Not sure what to do, should i follow manual or remove screws #1,3+4 instead ?????????????????????, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

What kinda bike is it?

Old 05-04-2013, 04:04 PM

CJardine ive got a 99 cbr 900 rrx

Last edited by choppaclark; 05-04-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:06 PM

wow! Lmao! Well, you cant remove screw 2 cause there isnt one there. Check out my thread that i started here on march 30 titled "base carb for syncing cbr 900". Im assuming u have the same setup i do. I just synced mine and they were a little off. But now they are perfect. Ignore the manuals. As u can see i have a factory and haynes and they are both wrong! I went to my local shop and asked them about it and even they didnt know. I asked them if the numbers on the carb assembly would give any info and they said no. Your #3 is your base carb (not the #2 like the manuals say). Let me know if u need more help.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 AM

BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!! ...........The penny has dropped!

Ive only went and removed the pilot screws instead of the vac take off screws and ive lost an o ring off one of the pilot screws .Ive put them back in and it seems to be running just as before, now ive got a couple of questions ?

1) Is the o ring an important part can i run bike without it nothing seems to be leaking and bike is running as before ?

2) What do i need to buy to connect the hoses off the manometer to the intake manifold ?

3) Am i a total ******** for doing this ?

Old 05-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Member & ROTM AUG 2013

ccrider,

funny thing haynes manuel is correct on the #3 being base carb.

Choppaclark,
hope this helps..

Old 05-05-2013, 07:06 AM

yes vinman the manuals right i was looking at the pilot screws on the bottom of the carb bowls instead of the vac screws on the intake manifold.

thanks for the help have you got any answers to my earlier post ?

Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 AM

But, it's wrong on the takeoff screws and where the vacuum hose is.

Originally Posted by Vinman911
ccrider,

funny thing haynes manuel is correct on the #3 being base carb.

Choppaclark,
hope this helps..

Old 05-05-2013, 10:12 AM

1)Yes. The oring is important. you should replace it. Its there for a reason. I can send you one if i have one. No guarantees, but i think i do have one from a gasket kit that i didnt use completely.

2)u have a manometer? not sure i understand the question. can you post a picture. this is what i used:
Syncpro Carb Tuner | Motion Pro

3) no comment

4) when i cleaned my carbs i forgot to count the turns on the pilot screws so when i put them back i made sure they were exactly 1 5/8 which is what the manuals say is the initial setting and it runs fine.

5) i dont like haynes. I have heard clymer is better. I have seen errors in the haynes manual and i can point them out to those of you who have the same manual that i have if i can find them again. I know where one is.
its the '92-'99 b=cbr900 manual

Originally Posted by choppaclark
BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!! ...........The penny has dropped!

Ive only went and removed the pilot screws instead of the vac take off screws and ive lost an o ring off one of the pilot screws .Ive put them back in and it seems to be running just as before, now ive got a couple of questions ?

1) Is the o ring an important part can i run bike without it nothing seems to be leaking and bike is running as before ?

2) What do i need to buy to connect the hoses off the manometer to the intake manifold ?

3) Am i a total ******** for doing this ?

Old 05-05-2013, 10:34 AM

Now, take a look at this. It's the factory manual I was talking about: (hopefully it came out good. im using a crappy ipod touch). As you can see it's WRONG. The sync adjusting screws are even shown on the wrong side of the carbs

[img]ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting[/img]
[img]ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting[/img]

Quick Reply: first time carb sync help