General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender Eliminator Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fender Eliminator Kit

They were by the Neon products in the store by me. The underglow kits, interior neons, and LEDs. They were on the bottom row. they were $9.88. They hadsome that shinned right out the back, and some down on the plate. I didnt see a number, but I might be goingback there today, so if I do, I'll look.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 PM

Did you try this ... did it work?

Old 11-09-2006, 04:14 PM

Sorry for the delayed reply...been working all week and just got back to finishing what I started on the bike last week. I went ahead and just got the Light'N Boltz after checking all auto stores in my area. Advanced said they had similar products; however, they just pulled them from the shelves b/c they were recalled.

Man...was pumped to put everything back together this morning and go riding since the weather is kick @ss...and now the damn thing won't start. Everything turned on and kept cranking over & over, but it won't turn over. The local shop blamed it on bad spark plugs but that's gotta be impossible: '06, only 4k miles. I'm charging the battery right now, so hopefully thats my problem. We'll see.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:59 PM

Well, take some pictures and post um up!!! Yea, unless you ride really hard, I dont see how one would be burnt up already

Old 11-14-2006, 02:05 AM

CWRUDI did you figure out a good spot to put the I.S. I also live in Tx and am looking to make a FE. What did you do for blinkers? I am leaning towards the brake light that does both.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:25 AM

I haven't put it on yet as I've gotten caught up at work and ran into some other problems with the bike. I've asked so many random people including bike mechanics and cops from San Antonio to Corpus Christi and I can't get a solid answer on where you can legally put the IS. Every cop gives me a different answer and most of them say that no matter where you put it, if its not directly on the back of the bike w/the license plate then the cop has probable cause to pull you over...even if he/she ends up not giving you a ticket.

I've looked up the Texas laws on line and they're more vague than the cops I've been asking. I notice that a lot of cruiser style bikes put the IS on the swingarm. Some street bikes around San Antonio are doing the same thing. But, obviously a lot less street bikes than cruisers...which style would you guess to be a more likely candidate to be pulled over?? The shop where I bought my bike recently turned down a guy's request to put his new IS on the swingarm...so, that says something right there.

I know this doesn't provide you an answer. But, hopefully some ideas. As soon as I get a definate answer, I'll post it and let you know. As for the integrated rear light, I definately recommend it. They're pretty cheap (under $100) and they totally complete the bike by eliminating absolutely everything that Honda slapped on.

Hope this helps...sorry to be so lengthy.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:22 AM

The police in my area (McAllen,TX) are very particular about the location of the IS. When I originally had my 900 inspected the guy that did the inspection did not know where to put the sticker so he stuck it on the fork tube next to the MO sticker. A few days later a motorcycle cop pulled me over because I did not have the IS visible from the rear. I did not get a ticket but he told me I would have to get a new sticker and put it on the rear fender. Since I did not have a rear fender I added a small piece of stainless steel to the back of the plate and attached the sticker to it. Just about all of the bikes that I have seen in my area have done the same thing. I did the same thing on my 1KR.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1690/2B6E5BADD7704FA9BA4BF0BFD65490E9.jpg[/IMG]