General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing Tail Clip?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing Tail Clip?

(1993 CBR 600 F2)

So, my fairings are in pretty bad condition. They don't look horrible from the outside world but were zip-tied on when I bought the bike. I'm missing most of the factory bolts and whatever else are supposed to be used to hold these together.

That's not a huge deal -- I plan on fixing it. But before I decide I'm going to take the time and do it right, I'm just wondering if this part is fixable:

On my tail, the two fairings pop together with clip-like peices. Of course one of them is broken. I've seen people talk about replacing these but on my fairing set, these are actually molded right into the fairings themselves. Has anybody come up with a good way of getting around this problem?

We just threw bungy cables around it, which works but isn't what I want in the long-run. I also don't want to go spend $600 on aftermarket fairings when I'm sure mine are salvageable. I'm starting to get to the point where I should've put my money into a newer bike

Old 03-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

Can you post up any photo's ? That would certainly help us know exactly what you're describing. Tabs on the fairings can be one of the most troublesome parts on bikes as it seems like the are the most fragile. I've seen people come up with some pretty creative methods of repairing them, some better than others.

There are pro's and con's to newer bikes. But in the end, they all break and need work. It's just a part of motorcycling.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are pro's and con's to newer bikes. But in the end, they all break and need work. It's just a part of motorcycling.
You're right about that. I think bringing this bike back to life will be a great experience and if I ever have problems in the future, I'll have a better shot at fixing them. The only thing that sucks about older bikes is it's harder for me (being new to bikes) to find parts and it's insanely difficult to find a shop who will work on it, let alone for a decent rate.

Can you post up any photo's ? That would certainly help us know exactly what you're describing.
I'm not sure how to paste high-resolution photos here, so I'm just going to throw up my Picasa album I started. Thanks a lot!