General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F4i electrical issue help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i electrical issue help!

Hey guys, new to the site. Have a problem thats been bothering me..I have an 01 f4i and i recently went down at about 40mph. Wasnt my fault haha. Bikes fine. Only issue when I inspected the damage when I got it to my house I realized the rear brake lever was bent and hard to push down. Now whenever I hit either the front or rear brake, my blinkers come on solid. A buddy of mine said something with a pin ? Replaced the bulbs just to make sure it wasnt anything stupid and nothing. Dont want to take it to a shop yet, just would like to see if you guys had any ideas I could try first. The bike slid on the passanger side.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:32 AM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there Emarsh. Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about your crash. Never a good thing. Glad you both are ok.

So when you hit the brakes, your blinkers come on. Lets start with what blinkers come on exactly. From there you can start checking on the specific connections and wiring associated with it. Also, would help to know your blinker situation. Are you running stock lights, are they LED upgrades, etc. There is a good bit of wiring all really close to each other involving the blinkers. Up front there you have running lights, the actual blinking lights,(Of course the ground wires) all directed through the headlights and the harness. Out back Im inclined to think where the issue is maybe originating because depnding on your light the blinker wires and brake wires are more closely operating, but that could just be coincidence. Explain your type of lights and what is lighting up etc. And by passenger side you mean the right side I take it?