General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F4 Motor sabotaged...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F4 Motor sabotaged...

The sand may have not gotten through the carb because a grain of sand is fairly big and heavy. In order to fry a motor with any certainty, you need to use emory because it is very fine and will get through a needle seat/ jet...

Try to find a boroscope or a shop with one to look through the spark plug hole to inspect, you may get lucky and see the cylinder walls are OK andthat the sand is just sitting in the bowls and never made it out.

Sorry to hear you brother is messed up, that can be worse than having your bike f'd up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borescope

Old 12-08-2008, 02:57 PM

Crap,I got pissed just reading this thread.

The OP needs to make a detailed list of everything that has been screwed up AND have several shops quote replacement prices. The sand probably screwed something up and the motor is most likely toast, or it needs more work than a used engine will cost. Go to the police dept and get a statement from an officer that arrived on the scene.

Take it to small claims court. The judge will have no choice but to believe your side of the story. You rode the bike there, it was knocked over, and now it won't start. The cops even witnessed you trying to get your bike going again. Anyone who would damage your property like that and try to have you arrested should not be trusted at all. Shouldn't matter who he is either.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:36 PM

Whether you fix the bike or not you need to consider this a burnt bridge too. Your brother has gone way too far down the road of addiction...and his choice of drugs does unreversable physical damage to his brain. He sounds like he has reached the point of no return with psycotic episodes like that. Rational people dont do that. I am sorry for your loss.
I have a family membersimilar who we lost to drugs years ago...still walking the planet but not in contact with all the family members she ****ed over.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:58 PM

In light of the behavior and abuse of narcotics mentioned, I vote you take your bike to an EXPENSIVE dealer, find the most expensive one in town and have them go over it with a fine tooth comb to determine how much it'll cost, get a written estimate from them, and take his *** to court. after you get your money, forget his very existance and let him do as he will with his life and follow his own path to self destruction. he's clearly on it already.

Otherwise, you could contact his employer(after you've got your money) inform them of his use of narcotics, and royally eff up his life so he gets an idea what happens when you **** off the wrong people.

Had he done all that to me, the police that came would have certainly been hauling me to jail and him to a mortuary. the bike would have been the least of his concerns.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:20 PM

I've read everyone's replies thus far... all excellent advice and comments. Thanks so much for the support here.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:01 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was referring to your first post, X......not the tweaking !!!!![:@]
The best way to learn the workings of a bike engine is to strip and rebuild it - with help and advice. I was lucky enough to learn 'at my Daddy's knee' and have valued the experience my whole life. I still do all my own repairs on the 1000F, when at all possible. Bike is in pieces as we speak.............

Old 12-09-2008, 09:06 AM

horrible story, you would think another rider would respect your bike. i usually would not say this bit i would crawl under his car wile he was at the store and put a little ice-pick hhole in the oil pan. let him find out how it feels to replace a motor. sounds to me that your bike is a little too far gone. as stated , i would part it out and buy another bike.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Happy now ????

Quick Reply: F4 Motor sabotaged...