General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't like pigs.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don't like pigs.....

ORIGINAL: cbr_racin123

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

people call u a name and its a "pig" grow up and live with it, its not like its ganna change becouse u dont like it. i dont use it but still people can call u what ever they want. everyone gets called names.

Have a little respect. We stop calling people names when we become adults.

Everyone hates a cop untill they need one.
+1

Old 03-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the thing. The public wants us to act as professionals and the majority of us do. You the public want us to treat you with respect and dignaty at all times, BUT you feel that since you pay my salary and can have my badge / job that you can speak to me in any way you want.Well, lest we forget I to pay taxes and thus I pay my own salary. If you want me to show you any type of respect then please do the same for me. I will beprofessional during my initial contact, but if you feel it is your right to degrade me to make yourself feel like a big man, then don't expect me to play nice either.
I highly doubt you would just sit there and laugh it off if some unknown person walked up to you and breated your wife / girlfriend in front of you. In todays day and age a fight would break out.
What I am getting at is just show some respect. Not just because we are the police, but because we are people also and we are just trying to do a very difficult job.
Yes I will admit I got into the job for the thrill of arresting the bad guy, but it is also to help the people of my community feel safe, including the fine upstanding citizens that call me a "pig".

Old 03-06-2007, 02:37 PM

I spent 4 years in germany and delt with the "politzie" sp? quite a bit. I tell you what.. they are the nicest and most laid back cops I have ever met. The reason? over their they don't have a police btutality law. If you **** them off they will F*** you up. so guess what, everybody treats the cops with respect and cops are...get this.. NICE!! Thats right! They don't aproach you on the defensive like they do here. Can you Imagine 90% of the people you meet on the job calling you a "pig" or worse to your face and getting pissed off when it's usually thier fault anyway? I'd be a d**k to! I even had a cop let me go with a warning for 40 over! thats right 40!! It was at night, I exited the freeway to take advantage of a desolate access road with a few curves and he clocked me @ 81 in a 40. pulled me over, we bullshat for a while and he said cause I got of the crowded freeway I was bieng smart but "just take it easy from now on" complemented me on my bike and left!!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 08:03 PM

Look at the can of worms I opened!!! Can we please focus on the orginal question........disreguard the "pig "comment. Have a problem? Go read a book, hug a tree, or just go squeeze one out to relieve the pressure. I'm here to ride not to question my morals. No matter what there are going to people who like cops and those who don't. You guys with the badges, do your thing and do what you do because the ones without the badge can't do $hit about it. Us without the badges, just pull back on that throttle and flip'em the bird! Okay soooo what I have got so far from tis post is
#1 Don't ride like a jacka$$
#2 Don't hide your plate
AND #3 Don't call cops "pigs"................to their face.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After all the **** is done, the three things you listed are about it.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:51 PM

Man, I feel like I need a donut now!

Old 03-07-2007, 02:59 PM

I had a fender eliminator kit on my F3. It took me 14 months and 20K miles but eventually a bike hater cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for it.

I ended upmoving the plate back to the factory location and getting the ticket dismissed.