General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't like pigs.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't like pigs.....

For my first mod i was thinking of getting a fender eliminator and some flush mounts for the front. My question is will the cops *** with me? I have a couple of buddies that ride and they say when you start changing stuff on the bike the cops start messing with you. Anyone have any problems and what shouldINOT do to my bike so i can lay low from those red and blue lights. Thanks

Old 03-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Default RE: Don't like pigs.....

DO NOT hide your plate, if you do anything that looks like your trying to hide something yes they will pull you over. Most of the time people on bikes get pulled over for breaking the law, i.e. speeding, wheelies, stoppies, squidly things. Ride withing the law and you'll be just fine. I have my plate on my swing arm, front leds signals, and my rear signals in my rear pegs and have never been pulled over.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:41 PM

you can do a fender eliminator, just make sure you're NOT making it look like you're hiding your tag from the cops and they probably wont bother you any. dont give em a reason to pull you over, and they wont.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:58 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

my plate's been in my trunk for the last 6 years or so and ive never been pulled.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on what Bobthebiker said, don't give them a reason to pull you over and they wont.

Second, they're called "police officers", not "pigs". I can't stand the ignorance of people using derogatory phrases for the officers that risk their lives protecting you and me. They should be respected, not s**t upon.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:22 AM

+ 1

Old 03-04-2007, 12:13 PM

I am a cop....and a rider. And before you get all bent out of shape about "pigs"........we could really care less that your signals are not DOT approved or that you no longer have a reflector at the rear of the bike. Don't hide your plate......and don't ride like a jacka$$....it is that easy. the number one thing that gets riders in trouble is ifriders go to the same location over and over with loud exhaust pipes (Harley included) or start stunting or speeding and the community gets all bent out of shape. Because one of them knows the mayor or whatever and then all of the sudden every officer not on a call for service has to go and write as many tickets as possible because he was ordered too.....not because he wants to.

I am not saying there is not a...."by the letter of the law" cop out there that will not pull you over and give you a ticket. If he does....deal with it. That is the risk at is run by changing your bike. But in my experience (even before I was a cop) I have never had a cop pull me over and give me a ticket for any mods I have. The cops that do not ride don't know and the cops that do ride......thinks they look good.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fireplug

I am a cop....and a rider. And before you get all bent out of shape about "pigs"........we could really care less that your signals are not DOT approved or that you no longer have a reflector at the rear of the bike. Don't hide your plate......and don't ride like a jacka$$....it is that easy. the number one thing that gets riders in trouble is ifriders go to the same location over and over with loud exhaust pipes (Harley included) or start stunting or speeding and the community gets all bent out of shape. Because one of them knows the mayor or whatever and then all of the sudden every officer not on a call for service has to go and write as many tickets as possible because he was ordered too.....not because he wants to.

Fantastic reply, thank you for that.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Err

just don't ride like a d-bag.

its worked for me, and i have multiple equipment violations....

still don't like the 5-0 tho....

Old 03-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for firplug. I'm also a "pig" and take offence to that comment. If you give me a reason to pull you over then the only person at fault is yourself. I am the one pushing your foot to the floor or twisting your writst to make you do 30 over??? Did I pour that last beer down your throat to get you arrested?? I THINK NOT. Make your mods on your bike, but make sure your plate is visible. When you do get stopped do all you can to pass the attitude test. For if you fail, you will receive my autograph and you won't like it.

Quick Reply: Don't like pigs.....