General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Different HID Looks

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Different HID Looks

Here's my Harbor Freight ones installed. Its just a low kit. They have a Hi/Lo H4 kit but I keep calling my local store and they still dont have them. I"m just waiting for them to get them in so I can return my low kit.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still like the relay hooked up to the kickstand idea - I'll have to figure out how to make it work- doesn't look hard - just need to remember to start the bike with the sidestand down.

I wonder if you could somehow tap in on the Headlight fuse thereby saving having to cut any of the wires that actually feed the headlight. - Then just tap into the kickstand switch (Ground when up) and away you go. - OR how about the oil pressure switch - then as the pressure came up, the lights would kick on... - Though if the motor shutdown, the lights would too... - How about some sort of "Latching" method on this one - where lights would be off until the engine was started (Oil pressure comes up) - then once they kick on, they stay on irregardless of the oil light...

There has to be some electrical engineer type on here that has figured out how to make this work simply... - I'm thinking a Relay with a resistor on the power side of the coil, a direct connection to the ground side of the coil, a feed from the HL fuseblock for the 87 terminal, and a line from theheadlight side with a diode to keep the load of the lights from feeding back. The line wouldtake care of the "Latching" function. - The reistor would prevent the relay from latching until the batt voltage reached a certain voltage (12/14 volts) then once it kicked on it would stay on until the key was switched off.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Yeah, I posted about a year ago wondering if that could be done. I know it can be done, I just don't have the time to troubleshoot it right now.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked my ninja 250's headlight. I didnt come on till you started the bike.